PDA

View Full Version : Finger Lake Wilderness Resort

cainer
10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Anyone been to this resort just south of Vanderhoof?
http://www.fingerlakeresort.com/

Me, the wife, and the mutt thinking of heading up there for the 15th of nov.for a week-see if I can bag a deer or 2 before heading out to Sask for some Good ol fashioned flat land hunting.
Wanted to hit the Chetwynd/Tumbler ridge area originally, but there's just no cabins that we could find to rent up there.
All info is appreciated!

Kye
10-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Wow, horrible website. I would avoid that place solely because of the music they play on their website.

burger
10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I have stayed there as well as tatuk lake resort which is just down the road. If I had a choice again tatuk hands down would bethe winner. We were just up in that area last week and heard of finger lake resorts water system freezing. The difference is that tatuk has much nicer cabins, not so ramshackle. Don't get me wrong the people who run both resorts are great people and if you do not care so much then either will do,but if you are taking your wife the tatuk lake cabins are to me a much nicer stay.

Just so you know we hunted hard for ten days up there and saw not a single doe let alone a buck. Very little sign to be seen. Most of the sign we saw was on the 500 road towards nechako lodge.Did get a bull out of 6-1 though. Just got the photos from buddy tonight so I will have a tale to tell. Met lots of people up there maybe some from here who knows.

cainer
10-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Tatuk lake was to be my next question-thanks for that.
I kind of expected the area to hold more moose than deer-but they gotta be there somewhere-and it's getting close to that time, so I'm hoping to luck out.

burger
10-29-2009, 10:54 PM
I would check out the 500 road that goes to kenny dam and nechako lodge, on the lake side of it (ootsa lake) a few side roads we walked into. Lots of sign of both bucks and does. Other than that there was some sign but we were concentrating on getting a bull or two. Very scarce sign this year for moose as well. Really had to get away from the beaten path to see sign and or movement.

todbartell
10-29-2009, 10:59 PM
not alot of deer in the country. lots of wolves

I did see a whopper buck in June off of the 500 road, probably at that time of year was already scoring in the 140's. That was in 1998 though :lol:

300win
10-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Stayed at both, Tatuk has much nicer cabins better to take your wife there. As for deer the 500 rd. is where I'd go!! Good Luck