PDA

View Full Version : Day trip with five year old?

MichelD
10-28-2009, 09:45 AM
My daughter is visiting from out of the country with her kids and I wanted to take her and her 5 year old son out for a day trip from Vancouver on Friday.

I usually go up Lillooet, Clinton or Princeton way myself for overnighters, but for one day I was wondering where I could take them that would be not too far and entertaining for the kid. I'm not determined to kill something in front of him, but it would be fun to see some does, a grouse or a bear or something.

It would be nice to be able to get out and walk around a bit too.

I have been to the Skagit over the years, but I've never seen anything but other hunters there.

Maybe the Boston bar area?

I'd like to go up the Coq. but I think the Merrit area is a bit to far, though I'd like to stay in an any buck area just in case we see one

There is Squamish too, and even Pemberton, but I'm getting kind of old for one day trips up that way. The drive back is a killer when you're exhausted.

Ideas please?

Steeleco
10-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Lots of VERY productive hunting areas in and around the toll plaza area.

2 hours from my abode I can be hunting all kinds of 4 legged critters.

For any buck head to 3-13 west of the plaza.

FLHTCUI
10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I think you mentioned all the close ones Michel.
The Squamish one might be a good one, plus if the game animals do not show themselves maybe a chum or two in the river would be entertaining enough for a five year old.
Rob

MB_Boy
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
There is Squamish too, and even Pemberton, but I'm getting kind of old for one day trips up that way. The drive back is a killer when you're exhausted.

Ideas please?

Michel....not sure the last time you drove the Sea to Sky from Squamish down but it is a smooth easy drive now. If it was me....I'd rather head up there then all the way out the valley as I think you live not far from me in Vancouver.

bsa30-06
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Theres harrison and chilliwack area but i have never had any success in either.I have seen a number of doe's in the harrison area.This was the second year i have done a day trip with my 5 year old, was by far the highlight of the season.Good Luck.

MichelD
10-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the additional tips this afternoon guys.