PDA

View Full Version : south/southeast Okanagan

jonz
10-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Just over 3 weeks to the late bow season here in region 8. I wonder if anybody can suggest a general area where I might run into some whitetail. Will be my 1st bowhunting attempt.

Been hunting around Penticton here, have seen plenty mulies, of course almost all does, but have seen only a couple whitetail.

So I need to figure out an area that I can focus for bow season. I know Christian Valley is an option, but tends to be too heavily hunted to my liking in rifle season. No idea what it's like in bow season. I'm looking for other good areas in region 8.

GoatGuy
10-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Most everywhere is quiet in Region 8 in bow season. There's always a pile of wt's in the beaverdell area south to the border. Same with CV and over to the Granby country.

Lil Bow Pete
10-29-2009, 09:57 PM
I have hunted around Beaverdell and Westbridge. Lots of whitetail around all of that area. Cristian Valley right up to Cherryville. I find them mostly at lower elevations and near farm land. Get out and find them. There are lots around. Good luck and have fun.

pete_k
10-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Things may be quiet(er) after Nov 15 in CV. Good wt numbers from my experience. Good luck.

peterrum3
11-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Arawana for whitetail.

hannibal
11-07-2009, 07:54 AM
try in behind Summerland up to Peachland as well. The lower benches and elevations are always lousy with WT.