PDA

View Full Version : one buck and one doe right?

lightmag
10-27-2009, 02:33 PM
looking at area 7 reg's about deer, from my understanding i can take one buck and one doe right? the seasonal regional bag limit for mulie's is 3 which only 1 can be a buck and the bag limit for antlerless is 1 for an adult and 2 for youth, so that means i can shoot my buck and then in open doe season (nov. 10-20th) i can take a doe as well right/

Just clarifying as my brother is telling it's one mulie only!! either a buck or doe?

thanks

10-27-2009, 02:38 PM
1 mule deer only you have an antlerless season to work with but only one deer from 7

Nechako Outdoors
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM
incorrect, you may shoot one buck as well as one doe, and one other deer of another species in 7a (such as one mulie buck, one mulie doe, one whitetail buck, or one whitetail buck, one whitetail doe, and one mulie doe etc etc). We have encounted many questions about this matter in the past two years, and the Conservation Officers have clarified this for us. Your provincial bag limit for deer is 3, and 3 of those can come from 7A with the new antlerless seasons Nov 10-20

lightmag
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM
1 mule deer only you have an antlerless season to work with but only one deer from 7

but that's not what the reg's say!! so where do you get that ?? the reg;'s say "reg 7A mule deer bag limit is 3, only 1 which can be a buck and the bag limit for antlerless in 1 for adults and 1 for youth"

so please explain how this means only 1 mulie period??

lightmag
10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
incorrect, you may shoot one buck as well as one doe, and one other deer of another species in 7a (such as one mulie buck, one mulie doe, one whitetail buck, or one whitetail buck, one whitetail doe, and one mulie doe). We have encounted many questions about this matter in the past two years, and the Conservation Officers have clarified this for us. Your provincial bag limit for deer is 3, and 3 of those can come from 7A with the new antlerless seasons Nov 10-20

thank you!!!!! now that makes sense. thanks again.

lightmag

boxhitch
10-27-2009, 03:06 PM
but that's not what the reg's say!! so where do you get that ?? the reg;'s say "reg 7A mule deer bag limit is 3, only 1 which can be a buck and the bag limit for antlerless in 1 for adults and 1 for youth"

so please explain how this means only 1 mulie period??your quote of the regs is wrong.

I see it your way, lightmag.
Page 73, The region 7a bag limit reads as 3 mule deer. A youth could take one buck, one doe in youth only season and one archery doe.
Adults are limited to two as per season limits, one buck and one doe.

10-27-2009, 03:12 PM
man they make it confusing
i think now omnica is right, just because they must deal with this continually.
i was wrong, damn thats twice now

ape
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
incorrect, you may shoot one buck as well as one doe, and one other deer of another species in 7a (such as one mulie buck, one mulie doe, one whitetail buck, or one whitetail buck, one whitetail doe, and one mulie doe etc etc). We have encounted many questions about this matter in the past two years, and the Conservation Officers have clarified this for us. Your provincial bag limit for deer is 3, and 3 of those can come from 7A with the new antlerless seasons Nov 10-20

If you look closley at what Omenica has said ONE MULIE BUCK, ONE MULIE DOE AND OR ONE WT BUCK OR DOE. That there takes care of the 3 deer total.

ianwuzhere
10-27-2009, 06:36 PM
-better check page 73 of the regs- it says in region 7a- only allowed one whitetail.
-if you check 7b its different than 7a- In 7b (page 79)you can take a whitetail doe and a buck- thats how i read it anyhow...

todbartell
10-27-2009, 07:48 PM
hmmmm, you're right. thanks for the WT bag limit clarification :D

ape
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
You are correct Ian my mistake I will edit my last post. Thanks.