PDA

View Full Version : i took my so called friend hunting yesterday in elaho valley what a waste of time...

vortex hunter
10-26-2009, 01:48 PM
So I took my buddy to elaho valley yesterday we seen a buck in the distance but was gone before we got in range . My buddy thought he was. Smart by leaving his rain gear in the truck well guess what I got to listen to him whine about the rain lol well I was dry lol I seen a black bear but it looked young so I thought I should let him or her go anyways I had a horrible time lol

sparkes3
10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
it happens

bsa30-06
10-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Choose your partners carefully it makes a big difference.Look on the bright side it was only a day trip,just one day.......atleast you didnt go for a week and have a miserable time.

vortex hunter
10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah guess you guys are right sh_t happens

Amphibious
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
life is tough, buy a helmet.

great post, very informative.

buckguy
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Always good to find out before a long hunt. It is hard to find a good partner who shares the same philosophies and ethics. Still looking for a full time partner/s. When I do find them I am hoping it will be a long friendship.

bsa30-06
10-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Always good to find out before a long hunt. It is hard to find a good partner who shares the same philosophies and ethics. Still looking for a full time partner/s. When I do find them I am hoping it will be a long friendship.

Same here Buckguy.I have hunted with a few Hbc members and all would be welcome in my camp anytime.

hunter1947
10-27-2009, 04:52 AM
Well you know what to do the next time ,lessen learned.

Squamch
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
yep, good thing you figured that out on your first little day trip with him. Woulda sucked to have discovered he's a whiny chukkar on a week long backpack trip.

10-27-2009, 09:22 AM
that river is full of salmon right now. walk up it especialy near the end, and you will see some bears. saw a few on sunday morning munching on fish.

Wild Willi
10-27-2009, 10:21 AM
i was told by a much more knowledgable hunter once that, "its harder to find a good hunting partner than it is to find a good wife."

Bearen 09
10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
The most import thing to pack next to your gun,. He will learn.:-x

GoatGuy
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
So I took my buddy to elaho valley yesterday we seen a buck in the distance but was gone before we got in range . My buddy thought he was. Smart by leaving his rain gear in the truck well guess what I got to listen to him whine about the rain lol well I was dry lol I seen a black bear but it looked young so I thought I should let him or her go anyways I had a horrible time lol

Give him the keys to the truck and tell him you'll meet 'em after dark.

atomman
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
i was told by a much more knowledgable hunter once that, "its harder to find a good hunting partner than it is to find a good wife."
And once you've had a good partner others dont really measure up.My partner moved to cranbrook a couple of seasons ago and ive tried to cultivate a few guys but no one wants to get up early or hike in or whatever the excuse.Im not even that ridgid in my game plan but now i just hunt small game solo .

vortex hunter
10-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah I talk to a few nice folk on here and were planning to hunt very soon and should be good when the people your with like hunting as much as I do. I love being in the bush ..... I should become a hobbit lol

rishu_pepper
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
A bad day spent hunting is better than a day at work.

vortex I'd be happy to hunt with you. PM me if you like.

BCTRUCKER
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I know what your going through with hunting partners, I hunted with a guy since 1979. Last year , We brought another old hunting partner with us.
Both turned out to be complete ( A HOLES ). so now I am looking for another partner or partners.

wolverine
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Good hunting partners are hard to find and bitch to lose. I lost two of them years ago. One guy got all "save the planet" on me and the other got married and his wife likes to hunt so that bumped me out of the picture. Yeah, I know but she really gave him hell if she couldn't go along and I kept telling him to bring her but he wanted to have a couple of just the boys hunts an she was having none of it. Then my third partner moved to the states for about 7 yrs but is back now and we hunt every year. It's kinda like putting on a pair of comfortable boots that you have been missing. It's just the right fit. I hope you are able to team up with some of the guys here and find some new hunting buddies.

vortex hunter
10-27-2009, 09:04 PM
yeah I have talked to a few people and them seem really nice I hope it works out and we get hunting