PDA

View Full Version : Where can I go hunting now that I'm legal

Kudu
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
OK, so I have finally done the core exam, and the Restricted fire arm licence.

I have a PSE "X Bow" and have hunted in South Africa, Europe and New Zealand.

When I moved to Vancouver 3 years ago - hunting was not at the top of my list as I was traveling 9 months of the year, now it has all changed. so, apart from fishing (which brought me here rather than Australia) it is time to hunt.

I know the Bow Season has come and gone - however, I Also know that the rest of the season is still very much alive and kicking...

So I need some help - I live on the Surrey Langley boarder and I want to Head for the bush bow in hand, as I don't own a rifle yet - what suggestions do you guy's have?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/pig.jpg

bigdiggerman
10-26-2009, 10:46 AM
It is a bit of a drive, but the area north of Pemberton up the valley towards the hotsprings has some good deer hunting earlier in October and maybe even now. I haven't been up that way for a few years, though, since I am now on the Island. Happy Hunting.

FLHTCUI
10-26-2009, 11:18 AM
When the rain is coming down here like it was this morning Pemberton is a good bet.
Hopefully the bridges do not get washed out like they did a few years back.
Driving the High Line Road in the dark is no fun.
IIRC there is a counting fence set up there and the migration is soon upon us.
Coastal Mulies(BlkTail) heading for Cariboo Country.
I dont fling sticks, might be able to give more info via private message if interested.
Rob

ryanb
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Aren't there late bow seasons in regs 4 and 8? Check those out.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
thats a nice lookin Pumbaa ... looks better with the Bloody FMJ in the quiver

Kudu
10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
thats a nice lookin Pumbaa ... looks better with the Bloody FMJ in the quiver

Thanks -the hunting was great , But the ribs once smoked and BBQ'd where fantastic.

Foxtail
10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Which "X Bow" are you shooting? And the bowtech in the pic looks pretty sweet, did you not bring it with you?

Kudu
10-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Which "X Bow" are you shooting? And the bowtech in the pic looks pretty sweet, did you not bring it with you?

The Hunting at home was done September last year and April this year.

I Used my brothers bow last year when I shot that pig, as I was not certain about taking my own kit via Heathrow (10 day stop on business) before going on to SA. One never knows what those Poms in London will do with your bow and broad heads. However on a more direct trip this year I took my own bow minus the broad heads. The poms left me alone - but the guys yvr had me grabbed, and in a small room - explaining myself, my bow, my tanned Impala and Kudu skins and elephant tail - fly swish.

I have my X bow - HF, set at 60lb - more than enough for the North American game I intend to hunt I believe.

What do you shoot?

Foxtail
10-30-2009, 06:39 AM
I shoot a Fred Bear Truth, wich I love, I just like to know what other guys are using. If I could afford it I would buy every new bow that came out. I like to try out every bow I can.

Your bow is more than enough to take any big game in north america. I only asked wich X bow because PSE makes about 8 different ones now. They are using their "X technology" on almost every model they make now.