PDA

View Full Version : Duck and Goose jewelery

Richter313
10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
So what i want to hear from all you duck and goose slayers out there is this....How many years have you been hunting fowl for and how many bands you have collected throughout those years? I myself have been hunting fowl for about 17 years give or take a few, i myself have shot 5 ducks and 3 geese! All the geese were banded locally but my mallards(3 of them) were from alberta and the 2 pintails i shot were from alaska. let here your stories guys and gals!

kyleklassen
10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
got one with a hundred dollar(us) band. it was green and had a silver regular band on the other leg.

heyblast
10-26-2009, 04:56 PM
37 years, 2 ducks and 3 geese. Blackduck 30 years ago in Ont. Gadwall 5 years ago Lower mainland. The geese where also taken in Ontario out of the same flock and they had green plastic leg bands as well. I'm always hoping to get more but that's all and I do a lot of waterfowl hunting.

6 K
10-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I am in my twenty fifth year of sending pellets skyward. No bands as of yet.

EVERYONE OR NO ONE !

Richter313
10-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Lol hey guys guess what? got another banded mallard this morning could nt believe my eyes when i seen that bracelet on his leg! Reported him via the computer as soon as i got home, turns out he was banded in alberta, wont know where in alberta till i get the certificate. he was banded in august of 2006. I feel very lucky to have as many bands as i do, thatnks for the replies so far, keep em coming i m interested in hearing from all waterfowlers on this subject!! Give em 3! Richter

shotgunjohn
10-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Over 35 years 1 banded mallard 20 years ago and just now a blue goose in Manitoba.

rbduck
10-28-2009, 09:38 PM
It took me 35 yrs of waterfowling before I got my first band. Was a 4yr old female harvested in western Manitoba that was banded in Sebula Iowa in 97 that I shot in 2001. Still only have three so far.
Took my youngest out a few years ago on his first goose hunt. First hunt, first shot, first goose and ......yup, he got a band. Still likes to remind me of it too.:wink:

Ron:mrgreen:

jessonml
12-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I am in my second season hunting waterfowl and a couple weeks ago I got my first banded bird. I hunt near Surrey and got a banded Mallard Drake that hatched in Ferndale Washington in 2005.
I hunt with 4 friends and I was the first to get a banded bird.

huntwriter
12-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I hunted waterfowl since childhood up to the age 26 then gave it up after my father and mother passed away. Just didn't feel right going waterfowl hunting without my father and mother. Finally two years ago I got over the loss of my parents and went hunting by myself. The first duck I shot on that hunt had a band which is now displayed next to my parents picture in a glass case.

jessonml
12-06-2009, 08:57 PM
That is a really neat story huntwriter. What a time to get your first band.

Marc
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I've been hunting waterfowl for 28 years and I have only taken 4 ducks with bands, all from the East Coast so far. One big drake black duck from PEI, and a Blue wing teal, Drake Mallard & a Black Duck from Belisle Marsh in Nova Scotia.