PDA

View Full Version : Going to try bowhunting this season.

jonz
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Been hunting with rifle a few years, have taken a couple blacktail on the coast. Now live in the south Okanagan.

Picked up a nice bow at Hardcore in Kelowna yesterday. Ken there was a great help. Have a new Mission Eliminator by Mathews.

Will need to sight it in and get some good practice in before the late archery season. I don't expect bowhunting to be easy (haven't even gotten anything with the rifle this year yet) but one thing is for sure it will be fun. Should have got into it before to take advantage of the early and late hunting seasons.

Will need to find a good area for bowhunting within a couple hours of here. There is an antlerless whitetail season in region 8 as well as any buck so that will improve chances.

mbhjls79
10-25-2009, 04:58 PM
welcome to another addicition

rattling_junkie
10-25-2009, 05:07 PM
There is nothing like. I love watching the arrow fly at the intended target. Make sure to check out this website and the books on proper shooting form before you form any bad habits.

http://www.robinhoodvideos.com/

tinhorse
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM
got to love the bow! got a couple blacktails today with mine. you'll love it. what a rush.

Lil Bow Pete
10-25-2009, 05:33 PM
You are in a great area for bow hunting whitetails. If you can get permission to hunt any orchards in your area you got it made. Bow hunting is different than hunting with a gun. You find where they travel and sit and wait for them. I hope you are up to it. It takes a lot of patience. I live in Kamloops and hunt the Okanogan during the late bow season. The spring turkey hunt is fun too. E-mail me if you need a hunting partner. i am always looking for new places to hunt.

BowSitter
10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
If you get a chance try to go to a 3D shoot, it is great practice with your bow.