PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 spike moose down!

koothunter
10-25-2009, 04:41 PM
A buddy and I went for a cruise to try to find a little whitey buck. Decided to take a cruise up a small side road. We were talking about how the spike/fork season is a money grab, that they don't exist, blah, blah, blah. (I bought a tag back in Sept because I would be pissed if I saw one and didn't have a tag). Anyway, few hundred yards up the road, buddy says moose, brings his bino's up and says cow. I tell him to take a close look as I get out of the truck to go look over the bank. I look through the bino's and in the alder I see a small antler. I run back around the truck, grab my gun, and crank the scope to confirm the spike, YUP! Oh ya, the moose is only 20 yds off the road. Wait for a few minutes for him to turn and BOOM! The 300 savage dropped him like a sack o bricks. Halfed him and drug him up the bank. Hanging in the shed ,and gonna butcher this week. They do exist!

Sorry about no field pics, but we weren't even really "hunting".

Any easier way to get pics on here?

MIL720
10-25-2009, 05:11 PM
nice...congrats on a good eater

aletheuo
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
i must say that is actually encouraging.

killerkevin
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Congrats! I was actually hunting in the east kootenays a couple weeks ago and thought what most people do. Why get a moose tag?

So sure enough i am out huntin' every other big game animal and right on the side of the road a rather large spike fork moose!!. I'm still kickin' myself for not having a tag! I was able to walk right up to 10 yards away from the moose. A 10 yard shot with my bow! damn that would have been sweet!. Maybe next year I'll re-think that moose tag thing, but I'm sure next year alot more people are gonna do the same! haha.