PDA

View Full Version : Now what ?

snowhunter
10-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Minding my own and doing my deer hunting, I learned today that I have to wait another year before I can hunt deer again.

Is really true, that we can only harvest a total 3 deer combination between white-tail and blacktail deer ?

I still had to fill my two limited entry for deer, but learned that my general hunting season two white-tail and one blacktail ended my deer season this year, after only four days of hunting. Had been looking forward to fill my limited entry's in november....

Well, I now consider going after moose etc.

Jelvis
10-23-2009, 07:25 PM
A combo of two plus a leh,,, or blacktail, mule and a whitetail
not positive on that.
Try moose for the remainder of October spike forks maybe predator
Jellybelly

Ddog
10-23-2009, 08:06 PM
provincial bag limit is 3 in any combination.
except for the charlottes

Buckmeister
10-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Yep...what Ddog said....only 3 allowed except for the Q.C's....you can get more than your share there.

jrjonesy
10-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Correct.....your limited entries are not additional tags that increase your allowable bag limit.

10-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Minding my own and doing my deer hunting, I learned today that I have to wait another year before I can hunt deer again.

Is really true, that we can only harvest a total 3 deer combination between white-tail and blacktail deer ?

I still had to fill my two limited entry for deer, but learned that my general hunting season two white-tail and one blacktail ended my deer season this year, after only four days of hunting. Had been looking forward to fill my limited entry's in november....

Well, I now consider going after moose etc.

You can always go over to the QCI and shoot 4 or 5 more blacktails..

500grhollowpoint
10-23-2009, 09:25 PM
So how does a guy get 3? I can get one muley in 8, one whitetail in 8 and....?

Jelvis
10-23-2009, 09:34 PM
one mule one white and an leh doe prolly = 3 all together
Jelvis

boxhitch
10-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Complaining of such a fortunate situation is a transparent veil for bragging.

As to the bag limits, more than one region can be hunted to add to the three.

BlacktailStalker
10-23-2009, 09:42 PM

2 deer in any one region (of course excluding the new 1 deer bag limit in certain region) and another deer of any species in another region I believe ( I may be wrong)

Jelvis
10-23-2009, 09:43 PM
one in reg 8 and two in region 3 or
two in reg 8 and one in region 3 or
one in 7 one in 6 one in 2 or
two in 4 one in 5 = 3
Jeljerkinyourchain$lol

snowhunter
10-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Actually, I was planning to buy one more white-tail tag, in order to fill my limited entry, when someone asked/told me if I knew the total bag limits for deer in B.C.

Since I realized that I did not know the total provincial deer bag limit for sure, I decided to call one of the numbers in the hunting regulations, in order to clarify this issue. The fella I spoke to, first told me that I could go ahead and fill my white-tail limited entry, then he backtracked and told me that the provincial bag limit was only three deer's, which left me little confused.

Am I bragging ? Just a little, since none of the three deer's I shot in four days of hunting, qualify for any bragging rights, I am a meat hunter. One of the deer was very hard work to get back to the car, and had to be left overnight on the ground. Luckely, only parts of the ribs had been chewed on, as well as been partly covered by grass, and I found it again before the ravens, sitting around the tree's had started to eat my deer. A warning shot, shut them off, as well as sending them off.

It's a big restaurant out there, everybody eats everybody :)

hunter1947
10-24-2009, 05:04 AM
If me I would go after a moose ,bear etc ??? where there is still a season open.

Blainer
10-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Now what ?
Now you get to watch this site, as the big buck pictures will arrive in November.

BearStump
10-24-2009, 09:24 AM
cant process the fact that guys will put in for leh does and have no clue as to haw many deer they're actually allowed to take.
I have a buddy like you too. he had no idea where his doe draw was for. just put in for "whatever I was putting in for" he got it, and I did'nt.
I spend all this time planning where, when,what spec., what else is open in that reg. at that time etc,etc,etc. and these are the guys that get the draws.

snowhunter
10-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Not to often do I have this problem, that I have to stop hunting deer, because I have reached the provincial bag limit, and I found out about that the hard way, after hunting successfully during the regular, deer hunting season. That is why I called the CO's office to find out, if I could take more than three deer.

You should never expect me, the meat hunter, to pass up, and let go legal deer's, during the regular deer hunting season, just because I have been lucky enough to win a couple of limited entry deer for later ?

I view the easy to get, limited entry game as a "safety net", in case I get skunked during the regular deer hunting season :)

bearhunter338-06
10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
if you have a limited entrey or not you can only harvest 3 deer total for the province of B.C.. yes up in the Q.C. you can harvest 10 deer on one tag, but that tag will count as one provincial tag. so if you already have 3 deer down then you limited entry is no good, and a trip to the Q.C. is out to. Now if you slip over to Alberta then you can harvest a deer or 2 there for a sum of approximately $200 each lol

GumbyFromLumby
10-24-2009, 10:28 AM

And another whitetale in region 4. 3 deer total.

TyTy
10-24-2009, 12:35 PM
I thought that LEH draws do not count towards provincial bag limits? Am I wrong?

Blainer
10-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Am I wrong?SO VERY WRONG!

Blainer
10-24-2009, 02:19 PM
IF they didn't then there would be a helluva alot more applying for LEH lolGood point.
Might even consider shooting a doe myself then.

snowhunter
10-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I did check out with the CO's office, and was told that the legal limits on a combination of white-tail and blacktail deer in B.C. is three, including the ones shot on limited entry tags. However, the chap I spoke to at the CO's office first had it wrong, by telling me that I could harvest # 4 deer on my other limited entry permit.

Which tells me, that not to many B.C. hunters, including officials at the CO's office, have, or know about this "problem" I am having by reaching the legal limits on harvested deer. Thinking of it, I never had this "problem" before, since my best maximum of deer in one season, never exeded two, before this year :)

2slow
10-24-2009, 02:32 PM
cant process the fact that guys will put in for leh does and have no clue as to haw many deer they're actually allowed to take.
I have a buddy like you too. he had no idea where his doe draw was for. just put in for "whatever I was putting in for" he got it, and I did'nt.
I spend all this time planning where, when,what spec., what else is open in that reg. at that time etc,etc,etc. and these are the guys that get the draws.

must be karma, the same thing happens to me. I even fill out and mail my hunting partners leh cards cause he is too lazy and he gets something every year..............

Gateholio
10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Which tells me, that not to many B.C. hunters, including officials at the CO's office, have, or know about this "problem" I am having by reaching the legal limits on harvested deer. Thinking of it, I never had this "problem" before, since my best maximum of deer in one season, never exeded two, before this year :)

They probably don't have this problem because they read the Hunting regulations synopsis, which clearly shows a BC deer bag limit of 3, except QCI.

snowhunter
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Gatehouse, I do'nt know how you get time to read, or understand the hunting regulations, with so many, young and good looking women around you all the time, who cannot keeps their hands off you :)

bforce750
10-24-2009, 03:23 PM
just buy an new hunting liscence and you can shoot 3 more:razz:

Gateholio
10-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Gatehouse, I do'nt know how you get time to read, or understand the hunting regulations, with so many, young and good looking women around you all the time, who cannot keeps their hands off you :)

Everybody has to go to the washroom from time to time...:wink:

1/2 slam
11-08-2009, 07:19 AM
You should never expect me, the meat hunter, to pass up, and let go legal deer's, during the regular deer hunting season, just because I have been lucky enough to win a couple of limited entry deer for later ? :)

Thats real nice. You took the opportunity away from 2 others by your ignorance. ie not knowing the provincial bag limit.

1/2 slam
11-08-2009, 07:22 AM
if you have a limited entrey or not you can only harvest 3 deer total for the province of B.C.. yes up in the Q.C. you can harvest 10 deer on one tag, but that tag will count as one provincial tag. so if you already have 3 deer down then you limited entry is no good, and a trip to the Q.C. is out to. Now if you slip over to Alberta then you can harvest a deer or 2 there for a sum of approximately $200 each lol

Oh no you can't. You have to buy a QCI tag for each deer.

No a trip to the QCI is not out. Just like snowhunter you should read the regs. Buy QCI tags.