PDA

View Full Version : were is good place to get my gf a mule or wt

bowhuntersparks
10-22-2009, 11:40 PM
i was seeing if any one can tell me an easier place to get my girlfriend a whitetail or mule close to the island as she just did here core and wants to try a 5 day hunt some were just off vancouver island ?

hunter1947
10-23-2009, 04:13 AM
I would head up to kettle valley and try for a WT deer or mule deer if it where me http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

5 spike
10-23-2009, 04:32 AM
just were 47 said, i grew up hunting that area and there has always been lots of muleys and wt there. good luck.

BigBanger
10-23-2009, 05:25 AM
I'm sure looking in the mountains and hills would be a good start .

Prowler
10-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Hmm, yup, I would agree with 47 above, probably a good bet for putting something on the ground there. As a matter of fact, I havent been there in years, and always had good success there, Maybe I will go to. Do you think your GF will mind?:-P

bowhuntersparks
10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
i have never been there but is it lots of logging roads or all private land i have only got one muley so i am not very knowledgeable for them so anyother tips !

tomahawk
10-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Get out and explore and get some experience hunting for yourself as well. Typically mulies will be high and WT's low if they are in the same area and the terrain is not flat

brian
10-23-2009, 11:10 AM
You won't find mulies or whitetail just off the island, Mulie territory starts around the Skagit Valley and east of there. I'm not sure where whitetails start, but west of Skagit it is all blacktail territory like you have on the island. If you want to do a 5 day hunt, head to the interior.

We hunt Mt Baldy anually which is just north of the Kettle Valley, lots of deer around there.

10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
the kettle is quite a nice area with lots of lakes to camp on Taurs (spelled wrong i think ) is a good lake to start. it is easy to get to public land.
there is alot of farms there in the lowland if you could get behind them you might do good. the area all through the kettle is very "user friendly"

Wild one
10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
bring all your papers as the cops were pulling over any truck that looked like hunters to check them out. Some bone heads where caught with loaded firearms in there trucks and open liquor. As long as you play by the rules you will not have a problem.