PDA

View Full Version : Reg. 4 changes...what the heck??!!

finish
10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I have been a member of HBC for a while now, alot of interesting things go on here. The discussions and views on here are great! I am simply posting my opinion up right now after reading the Reg 4 changes thread, open discussions are great, but what is with all of the name calling and sqabbleing???(nice spelling)
It's good to dicuss things, but for eff sakes!!!! Do it like adults!!!! I can understand why US hunters aren't listened to as much as other parties involved in the reg. changes ,all you have to do is look at previous threads and see how childish we can be! We need to come together as ONE group to voice our opinions! calmly, without the name calling!
Sorry if I offend anyone, just had to express how I feel about what I read.
We are all here because we have a similar interest in hunting and the outdoors.
Thanks all
Finish

RiverBoatFantasy
10-22-2009, 09:09 AM
You can always determine the worthy threads to read. They get locked.

Steeleco
10-22-2009, 09:17 AM
You can always determine the worthy threads to read. They get locked.

Only when the membership leads them down the road to lockville!!

PGK
10-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Only when the membership leads them down the road to lockville!!

All HBC members seem to have PhD's in thread-wrecking!!

boxhitch
10-22-2009, 11:20 AM
All HBC members seem to have PhD's in thread-wrecking!!There you go again, being contrary :)

fourthhorseman
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
As long as people put their own selfish politics in front of logic (or biology), there's no avoiding ruffling feathers. And said feathers only become more ruffled when people can't listen to the opinions of others without replying in some condescending or abrasive way.

finish
10-22-2009, 06:48 PM
agreed. that's my point!

Savage Man
10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I must appoligize for some of the things that I said; I feel very strongly about this subject . It doesn't make it right but I don't like having my intellect and field knowledge run down, however, I could of answered in a more mature way. Again, I stand by my opinion but not the way I delt with all my replies.

huntwriter
10-22-2009, 07:19 PM
I have been a member of HBC for a while now, alot of interesting things go on here. The discussions and views on here are great! I am simply posting my opinion up right now after reading the Reg 4 changes thread, open discussions are great, but what is with all of the name calling and sqabbleing???(nice spelling)
It's good to dicuss things, but for eff sakes!!!! Do it like adults!!!! I can understand why US hunters aren't listened to as much as other parties involved in the reg. changes ,all you have to do is look at previous threads and see how childish we can be! We need to come together as ONE group to voice our opinions! calmly, without the name calling!
Sorry if I offend anyone, just had to express how I feel about what I read.
We are all here because we have a similar interest in hunting and the outdoors.
Thanks all
Finish

Very well said.

Eastkootenayvoice
10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Savage man, what happened to Eastkootsnucklesandwitch, did he get banned?
And also, why apolagize for something you said, we are grown men and women whom live in a free country. Say what you feel the way you felt it.

Savage Man
10-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Savage man, what happened to Eastkootsnucklesandwitch, did he get banned?
And also, why apolagize for something you said, we are grown men and women whom live in a free country. Say what you feel the way you felt it.

I have no idea what happened to him but if he was banned he is not the one who should had this happen to them.

Fisher-Dude
10-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Guess he doesn't understand what an IP address is, and how it is tracked to see if a banned poster creates a new ID in an attempt to start chirpin' again. :p

huntwriter
10-22-2009, 10:15 PM
And said feathers only become more ruffled when people can't listen to the opinions of others without replying in some condescending or abrasive way.

That's the point when you switch to "ignore" and carry on. Never reply back to a cloaca because it makes them feel important. ;)

hunter1947
10-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Thats what we as adults must do keep the name calling aside and talk about our opinions on regulation changes ,we are not grade one students are we ,lets act like adults http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

sawmill
10-23-2009, 05:49 AM
That what we as adults must do keep the name calling aside and talk about our opinions on regulation changes ,we are not grade one students are we ,its act like adults http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.
The speed at which this site has grown ensures that we will have the ocasional freelance asshole showing up from time to time.With over 6000 members we only have about .06 per cent of flamers.Not too bad.Besides,the asshats give spice to the forum.That`s why I like this site,can`t wait to see who said stupid things today:biggrin:

Devilbear
10-23-2009, 07:49 AM
I can giv'er with anyone, if I feel unduly insulted by another poster, however, I very seldom actually begin to dislike anyone here and I kinda enjoy the crude but often funny cracks some of us make at each other.

It reminds me of Saturday afternoons in the "Nelson", after a long and tough fire season, having a few "brewskis" and chaffing the hell out of each other.

What the hell, a little rough humour never hurt anyone, a Yank called me a ...little badger doody... on AR recently and I thought I had been called about every insult anyone can lay tongue to, but, that was a new one. I sat here and roared with laughter and hold no animus toward him....it's just a bit of horsing around and nothing to get too riled over.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-23-2009, 02:40 PM
He got the part about the "bumbuddie" and somebody's boyfriend correct - just not you Devil!