PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thankyou to Valemount

7MMDAVE
10-21-2009, 10:19 PM
My hunting partner and my wife and 2 kids just got back from Valemount last weekend after a great week in the rockies. 2 hours into our first day we caught a sharp rock right through the sidewall of the left rear tire, we head straight to town and meet up with some locals at the CO-OP gas bar and ask if there anyone open on Sunday on a Thanksgiving weekend so we might be able to get a used or new tire. The one fella sitting at the pumps said hang on and he picked up his cel phone and 30 seconds later said follow me. 2 minutes down the road we stopped at Monashee Motors where Doug happened to be there on his day off and offered to help, he set us up with a great used tire for a very reasonable price and we were on the road in 30 minutes. To me and my family that was service above and beyond. The people of Valemount are truly great folks in my opinion. Also, if anyone is headed up that way for hunting, fishing, or camping, check out Canoe River Campsite, Pat is a great lady that runs the place, and we only paid $187 for a week with 30 amp service, heated showers and bathrooms(at no extra charge), playground for the kids, and a 1000 acres to roam around if you wish. I would highly recomend them to anyone headed up that way. Once again, thank you Valemount, every time I have been to your town I have always felt very welcome. I and my family look forward to see you in the near future.Cheers, Dave, Sarah, Craig, Hailey, And Jacob.

Brambles
10-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Top notch for sure. Thats why I like smaller towns, people help people.

husky30-06
10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
many years visiting valemont and will continue for years more...... that campsite is one of the best and have stayed there also, great people for sure!!!!!!!