PDA

View Full Version : bag limit question

killerkevin
10-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey
I'm still a fairly new hunter and was hoping to have some help with the bag limit regulations. I got a whitetail deer in region 4 where the bag limit is 1 and was curious if I go to another region like 3 where it is also 1 am I allowed to harvest another whitetail since it is in a different region as long as I keep under my 3 deer provincial bag limit?. Or does my region 4 whitetail contribute to my bag limit in every other region?.

Just want to make sure I understand the rules properly thanks for the help.

3kills
10-21-2009, 06:05 PM
as long as u are in a differnt region yes u can take another white tail.. u can take two more if u go to two different regions..thats how i read it anyways..

killerkevin
10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks for your input. That seems to be how I read it too.

GumbyFromLumby
10-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I may be wrong but I think you are only allowed the 1 white tale unless you go to another region where the bag limit is 2 white tale. If the bag limit is 2 white tale then you can take 1 more white tale but only in that region.

killerkevin
10-21-2009, 10:16 PM
hmmm interesting... I might have to make a phone call to the government to get a forsure answer I guess.

3kills
10-21-2009, 11:22 PM
gumby i think all u did was confuse people..the provincal bag limit is 3 deer u can tag three deer from 2 or 3 different regions weather they be all mulies or all white tails or 2 mulies or blah blah any combination as long as its different regions

ryanb
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
I may be wrong but I think you are only allowed the 1 white tale unless you go to another region where the bag limit is 2 white tale. If the bag limit is 2 white tale then you can take 1 more white tale but only in that region.

You are wrong.

You must only follow regional bag limits up to three deer total from all regions, regardless of species or sex (THE PROVINCIAL BAG LIMIT).

It's very simple. Trying to explain something simple is hard.

PGK
10-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I thought the provincial bag limit for WT Deer is one.

Is the provincial bag limit now "Deer" = 3 ??

bighornbob
10-21-2009, 11:33 PM
You are allowed three deer province wide. It does not matter what they are as long as you have not exceeded your baglimit of any said region.

You could shoot a whitetail doe in region 4 under the archery season. Then shoot a whitetail doe in region 8 under a leh and then head to region 7 and kill a whitetail doe under the general open season up there.

Same thing with mulies, 1buck in region 4, 1 buck in region 8 and 1 buck in region 3.

Any combination of three deer can be taken in the province but you can not exceed the regioanl baglimit. For example shoot a mulie buck in region 4 (legal). Shoot a mulie buck in region 8 (legal), then shoot a mulie doe under LEH in region 8 (illegal). The doe is illegal becuase you have already harvested your limit of 1 mulie in region 8.

Hope this clears things up for you.

BHB

GumbyFromLumby
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
You are wrong.

You must only follow regional bag limits up to three deer total from all regions, regardless of species or sex (THE PROVINCIAL BAG LIMIT).

It's very simple. Trying to explain something simple is hard.

That's what I was trying to say. Maybe I worded it wrong but I meant to say the same thing as you. Are we both wrong then? J/K

You are allowed three deer province wide. It does not matter what they are as long as you have not exceeded your baglimit of any said region.

You could shoot a whitetail doe in region 4 under the archery season. Then shoot a whitetail doe in region 8 under a leh and then head to region 7 and kill a whitetail doe under the general open season up there.

Same thing with mulies, 1buck in region 4, 1 buck in region 8 and 1 buck in region 3.

Any combination of three deer can be taken in the province but you can not exceed the regioanl baglimit. For example shoot a mulie buck in region 4 (legal). Shoot a mulie buck in region 8 (legal), then shoot a mulie doe under LEH in region 8 (illegal). The doe is illegal becuase you have already harvested your limit of 1 mulie in region 8.

BHB

This was my understanding as well. Thanks for making it much easier to understand.

3kills
10-21-2009, 11:49 PM

yes the regs state deer=3 doesnt state species

PGK
10-22-2009, 12:08 AM
yes the regs state deer=3 doesnt state species

Cool. I never pay attention, cause I never get anywhere near the regional limit, let alone the provincial one :biggrin:

Fisher-Dude
10-22-2009, 05:37 AM

Wrong. Stick to fish.

The provincial bag limit for deer is 3. You can shoot up to the regional bag limit in any region, but not exceed it in that region. Provincially, you can shoot 0 MD and 3 WT, 1 MD and 2 WT, 2 MD and 1 WT, or 3 MD and 0 WT.

hunter1947
10-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Wrong. Stick to fish.

The provincial bag limit for deer is 3. You can shoot up to the regional bag limit in any region, but not exceed it in that region. Provincially, you can shoot 0 MD and 3 WT, 1 MD and 2 WT, 2 MD and 1 WT, or 3 MD and 0 WT.

FD this is true ,you can shoot 3 deer in one calender year as Long as you shoot them in different regions ,read the regs to see how many deer you are allowed in each region you are hunting.

FLHTCUI
10-22-2009, 07:36 AM

BHB
BHB, ummm now if we where to go to the Queen Charlotte Island ( of course there are no White Tails there ) the bag limit is totaly differant.
You must consume some of htose deer "before " you you limit out.
Sorry was being a bit of a poop disturber there ;)
Good Question from the young fellow, but really should read and re-read the whole regs and it will still be as clear as mud.
Rob

stanway
10-22-2009, 08:14 AM
BHB, ummm now if we where to go to the Queen Charlotte Island ( of course there are no White Tails there ) the bag limit is totaly differant.
You must consume some of htose deer "before " you you limit out.
Sorry was being a bit of a poop disturber there ;)
Good Question from the young fellow, but really should read and re-read the whole regs and it will still be as clear as mud.
Rob

Rob,

The QCI deer are on a different tag ($10 ea) (& separate license booklet) and are a special exception to the provincial 3 deer limit. You can use 3 regular mule deer tags on the QCI, which will count towards your provincial limit, but you can use up to 15 QCI tags in a year - keep in mind, your only allowed a 5 deer 'possession limit'.:wink: You can have all 15 in your freezer, but only allowed to transport 5 at a time.

Yup. Clear as mud.:smile:

James

Islandeer
10-22-2009, 10:13 AM
In the interest of clarity, if you have been drawn for a LEH whitetail doe in Reg 4, you can only take the doe,not a buck and the doe.

:?::?:

Roots
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
In the interest of clarity, if you have been drawn for a LEH whitetail doe in Reg 4, you can only take the doe,not a buck and the doe.

Straight from the Regs... the way I understand it for these MUs is he can get 1 doe & then 1 buck if he has a LEH authorization and buys two whitetail tags...

The bag limit for white-tailed deer in MUs 4-8, 4-9, 4-14 to 4-19, 4-27 to 4-33, 4-38 and 4-39 is two, only one of which may be antlerless.

The bag limit for white-tailed deer in MUs 4-1 to 4-7, 4-20 to 4-26, 4-34 to 4-37 and 4-40 is two, only one of which may be a buck.

10-22-2009, 10:44 AM
in these areas there would be no leh doe for the term of the season.
there is already an open season for does. in this case he could shoot 2 bucks or 1 doe and 1 buck. if there was a leh it would be when this open season closes.

Roots
10-22-2009, 11:08 AM
in these areas there would be no leh doe for the term of the season.
there is already an open season for does. in this case he could shoot 2 bucks or 1 doe and 1 buck. if there was a leh it would be when this open season closes.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm a little confused...

From what I read here there is no GOS for whitetail antlerless, unless you're a senior/youth/bowhunter....

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww95/roots_bc/reg4b.jpg

And from here it appears there were antlerless LEH authorizations handed out for region 4... am I missing something?? Thanks.

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww95/roots_bc/reg4.jpg

10-22-2009, 11:16 AM
sorry i miss read your post.
in this case i read with an leh for a doe you can shoot one of each.
i didnt look at the regs befor posting i was just going of what your post said and i read it wrong
you are correct

bighornbob
10-22-2009, 11:21 AM

:?::?:

You are wrong. depending on the zone/area, one could take a buck and a doe. You could actually take 2 does in some units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009/2010 BC Hunting & Trapping Synopsis

The bag limit for white-tailed deer in MUs 4-8, 4-9, 4-14 to 4-19, 4-27 to 4-33, 4-38 and 4-39 is two, only one of which may be antlerless.

The bag limit for white-tailed deer in MUs 4-1 to 4-7, 4-20 to 4-26, 4-34 to 4-37 and 4-40 is two, only one of which may be a buck

So the first set of units you could shoot 2 deer (both can be bucks or a buck and doe)

The second set of units you could shoot 2 deer (both can be does or a buck and doe). But not two bucks.

BHB

thepitchedlink
10-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Now I'm confused! Region 8, bag limit is 2, either or both may be does, but only with an LEH....so. Does that mean that if I fill my LEH WT doe tag, I cannot then also take a buck? By my reading the only way to take 3 dear in region 3 is to shoot a MD buck, shoot a WT buck, then in the late bow season, shoot wt doe. OR shoot a MD buck, shoot WT doe with LEH, then in late bow season shoot a WT buck. Wow, I think I'm glad I thought this through.

bighornbob
10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Now I'm confused! Region 8, bag limit is 2, either or both may be does, but only with an LEH....so. Does that mean that if I fill my LEH WT doe tag, I cannot then also take a buck? By my reading the only way to take 3 dear in region 3 is to shoot a MD buck, shoot a WT buck, then in the late bow season, shoot wt doe. OR shoot a MD buck, shoot WT doe with LEH, then in late bow season shoot a WT buck. Wow, I think I'm glad I thought this through.

Man are you guys confusing things up.

Region 8- 2 deer limit
Only one can be a mulie
Both can be whitetail
Only one whitetail buck.

Region 3- 3 deer limit
Two can be mulie, but only 1 buck
Only 1 whitetail (and since there is no doe season or LEH, your whitetail has to be a buck.
The only way to shoot 3 deer is to have mulie doe LEH.

BHB