PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Elite 3200 scope problem

Kye
10-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Today when out hunting I looked at my scope and it was all fogged up, I thought it was strange as it wasn't raining. Went to wipe it off and found it to be inside! I am assuming a seal broke or something, is my scope toast? even now back at home it's still fogged up. Has anyone warrantied a Bushnell scope? Horrible time for this to happen, haven't cut my tag yet.

barehunter
10-20-2009, 08:00 PM
I sent my elite 3200 back to bushnell last year , thier customer service is excellent. you will probably only be without your scope for a few weeks.

Alpine85
10-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Same thing happened to me last November and I missed a chance at a solid buck. Sent mine in for warranty and it took ohhhh about 6 months to get it back, thats after calling in and asking about it. My buddy also waited over 5 months to get his elite binos back. I wouldn't buy another bushnell product just because there warranty service is so brutal!!!!
Terry

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Mine crapped out after 8 weeks of hunting. Sent it in in December, got it back in April a couple days before heading out grizz hunting. Only reason I got it back that quick was cause I called the rep repeatdly and complained.

Get it back from warranty, sell it, and buy a leupold.

Kye
10-20-2009, 08:25 PM
What crap! Do they replace it or fix it? If they replace it I suppose I could just buy a new one (something else) and sell it when I get it back.

lip_ripper00
10-20-2009, 08:29 PM

reread this don't buy another bushnell!!!

T300WSM
10-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I have the same problem with leupold scopes,not just a bushnell problem. I have sent them both back and have had better time and results with the bushnell. With the leupold they want more info on where and when I bought the scope. I have had better results with bushnell repair or replace than I have had with leupold. I do like both products but have had better service with bushnell. I will still buy leupold, but I don't like the leupold service or return time.

phoenix
10-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Both are serviced at the same place I believe, Korth Agencies in AB. I have had to use them on a couple of occasions and have found them to be very fast and professional. The last one was a 3200 5-15 that was dropped and broke the crosshair. I got it back in 3 weeks and they fixed it under warranty! I love Bushnell but I am a little biased:lol:
Kim

todbartell
10-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Bushnells are most certainly not serviced by Korth Group in Okotoks. That would be Leupold. Leupold does not fix Bushnell scopes, Bushnell does, in Richmond Hill Ontario

6 K
10-20-2009, 10:30 PM

X3
I actually thought this would be my responce before I even read your post. Presonally I would not even wait for it to come back Just go buy a good quality scope now and never look back.

EVERYONE OR NO ONE !

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Both are serviced at the same place I believe, Korth Agencies in AB. I have had to use them on a couple of occasions and have found them to be very fast and professional. The last one was a 3200 5-15 that was dropped and broke the crosshair. I got it back in 3 weeks and they fixed it under warranty! I love Bushnell but I am a little biased:lol:
Kim

Not likely.

phoenix
10-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I stand corrected:redface:, I looked back in my records as this was 4.5 years ago, and I stapled the wrong repair receipt to the Bushnell repair request letter. The Bushnell did only take 3 weeks to be fixed though, I was right about that at least:smile:.
Kim

dawn2dusk
10-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Same thing happened to me last November and I missed a chance at a solid buck. Sent mine in for warranty and it took ohhhh about 6 months to get it back, thats after calling in and asking about it. My buddy also waited over 5 months to get his elite binos back. I wouldn't buy another bushnell product just because there warranty service is so brutal!!!!
Terry

x2 on this - I had similar experience no more bushnells for me.

BlacktailStalker
10-21-2009, 10:42 AM
The first time its their fault, the second time its yours.
Go Leupold :)

Phreddy
10-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Why do people insist on buying expensive firearms then put inferior scopes, which are what makes the bullet hit where you aim, on them?
I know a chap with a sporterized .303 British Enfield with a good VX-ll on it who pretty much always gets what he shoots at. The scope is where the money should go. Everything else is just details.

roberto mervici
10-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I own few doz of scopes, all variable from el chippo to good one, all Bushnell, Bush & Lomb and Tasco, all mounted on different caliber of rifles, and I doo large volume of shooting...in the last 25 years 6 of them need repair, one the tube bend due to a fall, two others got foggy, one the reticle problem and the last 2 did not hold zero. I send them to Bushnell along with explaination of problem and $10.00 as requesed by warranty and from 3 to 6 months they all got back either fix or replace.
Bush & Lomb 1.75-6x20, bushnell banner 1.5-4x20, bushnell scopechief 3-9x40 BDC, bushnell 3-9x32, Tasco Titan 3-9x40, Elite 4200 3-12x50.

Adress to send for Warranty: Bushnell Canada, 25A East Pearce St., Richmonnd Hill, Ont L4B 2M9

________
roberto

Kirby
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Yup.

Kirby

Kye
10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
The fog has cleared now, I have the scope outside in the rain right now and it hasn't fogged up yet. I will go out tomorrow and see if it fogs up on me, I would like to cut my tag before I have to go through the hassle of swapping around scopes. Hopefully it stays fog free (I know it's toast, just trying to prolong its life).

dawn2dusk
10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I would swap it now otherwise you know your going to come across a buck and when you pull it up it will be fogged again!! murphy's law always prevails. Been there done that. After spending a week searching for a buck and $1000 in travel/camp expenses the last thing you want is equipment failure especially when you knows it is pooched already. Bite the bullet get her done right.

Couple hours at the range and you could have a new scope dialed in.

boxhitch
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM
That would NEVER happen with Bushnell.Eeerr, well maybe it would.
I took an ole Bushnell scopechief off of an used gun I bought, it had issues with holding zero. Sent it in, no papers, received a new 3200 in return. Though it took 4 months, I was impressed.

No one should ever be stuck with only one rifle, or not have a spare scope/magazine/sling/case etc on hand.

roberto mervici
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
The fog has cleared now, I have the scope outside in the rain right now and it hasn't fogged up yet. I will go out tomorrow and see if it fogs up on me, I would like to cut my tag before I have to go through the hassle of swapping around scopes. Hopefully it stays fog free (I know it's toast, just trying to prolong its life).

If it fog inside the tube is because the gas is gone....it will fog again! If you leave it outside eventually the humidity disappear but if you hold de tube with your hand (warm ) and or bring it inside a warm truck or a house and then out in the cold it came back... do not take the chance to ruin your hunt bring along a back up rifle or change the scope while time.
_________
roberto

Kye
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I just bought a viper scope from Grouse River, better price than the leupold and I have been super happy with my Viper Bino's!

Fisher-Dude
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I had a chat with a local gunsmith up at the rifle range last month. He was troubleshooting (no pun intended) some customers' guns to see if they had scope problems or gun problems because they wouldn't shoot consistently. I asked him about Bushnell scopes, and he said the vast majority of the scope problems he deals with are because people have Bushnell scopes. He makes a LOT of money off people who can't get their guns to shoot straight with Bushnells. :wink:

boxhitch
10-22-2009, 07:04 AM
I only tried them because of hearing of a similar occurence.
I had another 3200 on a .338 mag for over 200 rouds and a few hunts worth of abuse in the scabbard, and it held true, but that rifle is gone now so I can't comment on that on further.

Kye
01-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Just a followup - I sent my scope and a some busted binos in at the end of November to Bushnell. I received a "postcard" from them saying they "received" my package on the 29th of December, which is crap because they were sent express post and received early December to them. I've been checking online for a month now and it still says "holding for inspection".

I will never buy a Bushnell product again until I hear that their customer service has improves.

Anyone else had stuff go through Bushnell recently?

mcrae
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Yup I had to return a range finder because it quit working. After 4 months they sent me a letter me and told me it would not be covered by warranty. They offered to sell me a new one at a reduced price becasue the repair would be the same price...

I now own a Leupold Spotter, Leupold Binos, Leupold scopes, and a Leupold range finder..

Currently testing out Vortex's warranty. The Viper bino's I bought last spring crapped out on me this fall...

Will not buy Bushnell. Kind of leary on Vortex right now but I will admit the scope I had was a good scope and the bino's when they worked where pretty good glass.

bigwhiteys
01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
I have a 3200 Elite on my .270 and I have shit kicked that rifle... It's been dropped, rode on the front of my quad, bounced of rocks, logs and dragged through miles of buck brush and timber.

It's held it's zero fine... You guys are scaring me :)

Carl

Everett
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Only had to deal with two companies on optics warrenty Bushnell and Sightron. Bushnel over a pair of Binos that broke in two. End result I sent them money and upgraded for a better pair and they only did that after I threatened them three months later. That pair crapped out after a year fogging inside they now reside under my truck seat. Sighton exsperiance was completly different I screwed up the scope sent them a letter said it was my fault and would pay to fix it. Two weeks later I have a complimentry scope in my hand. Called them and asked why, there response was you were honest so you get a new scope. Which company do you think will get my money in the future. Just purchased a Vortex viper from grouse river curios to see how they will respond if there is a problem.

gibblewabble
01-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I am thinking of upgrading to a nikon scope, every rifle I have inherited have all had Bushnell shite mounted but I have never spent the money to upgrade has anyone had experience with Nikon warranty? Want to know before I jump in.

jethrobuddy
01-29-2010, 11:57 PM
enough said. I had a couple of there scopes also.

Everett
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
I am thinking of upgrading to a nikon scope, every rifle I have inherited have all had Bushnell shite mounted but I have never spent the money to upgrade has anyone had experience with Nikon warranty? Want to know before I jump in.

I have three Nikon scopes never had to deal with warrenty yet.

Riverratz
01-30-2010, 12:05 AM
As for Bushnell warranty...........bought some 8x40 Bushnell bino's back in late 70's, used them forever, until about 4 years ago when I either dropped them out of the truck or sat on them, whatever, but they went out of alignment......made you sick to your stomach when you looked through them. Put them away somewhere, forgot about them and bought new bino's.
When this thread started it got me to thinking, I figured what the hell, got nothing to lose so will send them away and see what happens. Near end of Nov. I packaged them up with a short letter explaining what had happened and asking if they could be fixed, sent back to them in Ont. via regular mail. About 7 days later I got an email from them stating they had received them and I would be advised as to what would happen. Another week passed, then got a letter via reg. mail stating they couldn't be repaired cause parts no longer available, and they offered a replacement set that they said were comparable for x$. I checked a few retailers, found that the replacement set they were offering me was selling for twice as much as what Bushnell wanted, so decided to go for it. Sent their form back with a cheque, two weeks went by and I received the new ones. Total time about 4 weeks.
The new ones are great, crystal clear, and at half the retail price I consider it a good deal for a set of backup bino's. Considering the old ones that I damaged somehow were about 30 years old, can't complain at all.

BowSitter
01-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Yup I had to return a range finder because it quit working. After 4 months they sent me a letter me and told me it would not be covered by warranty. They offered to sell me a new one at a reduced price becasue the repair would be the same price...

I now own a Leupold Spotter, Leupold Binos, Leupold scopes, and a Leupold range finder..

Currently testing out Vortex's warranty. The Viper bino's I bought last spring crapped out on me this fall...

Will not buy Bushnell. Kind of leary on Vortex right now but I will admit the scope I had was a good scope and the bino's when they worked where pretty good glass.

I had to use the Vortex warranty on a set of 10x42's and had a new set in my hands in about 2 weeks!! Very impressed with there warranty.

MikeH
01-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I use a Bushnell 3200 elite 10x40 mildot can't complain have used it for about 5 yrs.Killed lots with it, for the price its fine.If it craps out will upgrade to Leupold no biggie.Not a bad scope I've used leupold and Nightforce you get what you pay for.

Kye
01-30-2010, 10:56 AM
As for Bushnell warranty...........bought some 8x40 Bushnell bino's back in late 70's, used them forever, until about 4 years ago when I either dropped them out of the truck or sat on them, whatever, but they went out of alignment......made you sick to your stomach when you looked through them. Put them away somewhere, forgot about them and bought new bino's.
When this thread started it got me to thinking, I figured what the hell, got nothing to lose so will send them away and see what happens. Near end of Nov. I packaged them up with a short letter explaining what had happened and asking if they could be fixed, sent back to them in Ont. via regular mail. About 7 days later I got an email from them stating they had received them and I would be advised as to what would happen. Another week passed, then got a letter via reg. mail stating they couldn't be repaired cause parts no longer available, and they offered a replacement set that they said were comparable for x$. I checked a few retailers, found that the replacement set they were offering me was selling for twice as much as what Bushnell wanted, so decided to go for it. Sent their form back with a cheque, two weeks went by and I received the new ones. Total time about 4 weeks.
The new ones are great, crystal clear, and at half the retail price I consider it a good deal for a set of backup bino's. Considering the old ones that I damaged somehow were about 30 years old, can't complain at all.

Sounds like we sent them in at the same time, go figure :evil:

CanadanHirvi
01-30-2010, 11:10 AM
I've had a Nikon Monarch for about three years. Never any problems. Steer clear of bushnell.

Slee
01-30-2010, 11:38 AM
This is where the extra money up front for higher end optics takes the cake. Ziess and swaro's warranties are top notch and you never here of problems like this.

mcrae
01-30-2010, 04:21 PM
This is where the extra money up front for higher end optics takes the cake. Ziess and swaro's warranties are top notch and you never here of problems like this.

Leupy makes a great bino as well. I can't afford the really high end stuff so I just bought a pair of Leupold GoldRing HD's in 10x42 from a buddy. Really good binos.

I like Nikon scopes and binos as well. I have Nikon 8x42 Monarchs and they are decent bino's for 300 bucks.

I will say that up until my Vortex bino's crapped out I was really impressed with them. Nice and light and very clear.

The Hermit
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
I've had occassion to use Bushnell warranty service twice... both times with excellent service and results (replace both bino and scope) within a couple weeks.

Leupold on the other hand was FANTASTIC, repaired and returned a scope in one week!!! I purchased on the internet from some guy in Calgary they didn't ask any questions about where I bought it etc.