PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lower Mainland Snow Goose Hunters

mattchu_19
10-20-2009, 06:16 PM
With the season under way, and this year being a good hatch, I was just wondering is the majority of snows being shot juvies or have mature birds been decoying too?

FLHTCUI
10-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I have not shot in a whole bunch of years, but my cousin was out front of Westham Island opening weekend and they decoyed a total of eight birds, of which three where Mature( full white ) the others where grey and some pass shots.
I can not say first hand , again I did not see them shoot the eight or been out myself.
They can be shot, but generally get pretty decoy shy real fast.
Doesnt mean your spread and calling is any better or worse than the guys in the next layout over though, so give a try , you might prove me wrong.
Rob

Farmer John
10-20-2009, 08:33 PM
haven't shot an adult yet this year...

f350ps
10-20-2009, 08:39 PM
That's because yer decoying them and not sky busting. Is that the Bayshore at the back of Dennis's property? K

Farmer John
10-20-2009, 10:48 PM
the Bayshore location is top secret... lots of guys think they know where it is but none have got it right yet... I have seen the blind that you are talking about but that ain't the Bayshore.

10-21-2009, 09:53 AM
we could take you to the Bayshore, but you could never leave.

10-21-2009, 09:57 AM
That's because yer decoying them and not sky busting. Is that the Bayshore at the back of Dennis's property? K

Maby we should try some skybusting to get some adults? I'll bring my biggest two ladders and we can set them up at the brunswic with all of the other sky busters.

branthunter
10-21-2009, 11:14 AM
we could take you to the Bayshore, but you could never leave.
I haven't found it yet but I used a green box-like thing covered with bullrushes the other day as a rest stop for my weary pheasant hunter bones. Funny thing, there were a bunch of ducks sitting in the water in the ditch in front of it, not swimming around or anything, and they wouldn't fly away, even when I blasted a couple of 'em.

fowl language
10-21-2009, 06:24 PM
5 adults for 17 birds today....fowl

Farmer John
10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Bob...I try to sink a few whenever I am out there to...It's easier than wading out there to pick them up. (Decoys)

10-22-2009, 07:25 AM
I haven't found it yet but I used a green box-like thing covered with bullrushes the other day as a rest stop for my weary pheasant hunter bones. Funny thing, there were a bunch of ducks sitting in the water in the ditch in front of it, not swimming around or anything, and they wouldn't fly away, even when I blasted a couple of 'em.

your going to need 000 Buck to take down the westhams resident ducks.

mattysco
10-23-2009, 06:33 PM
anyone interested in snow goose hunting with me? ive been doing it for about 2 years. i do mostly pass shooting. looking to learn more. and i want to hunt with someone else for safety sake. last time i was in the swamp alone and nearly broke my leg ouch. and no im not gay or a weirdo. im a normal dude looking to hunt with peeps. if u have a boat i can pay some money towards gas etc. i live in downtown van.
message me if ur looking for a hunting buddy for snows or ducks.
later m