PDA

View Full Version : Sumas Mountian?

Chris76239
10-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Has anyone ever heard or taking any deer off of Sumas Mountian before?

Hydrojet
10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
They are there but I am pretty sure it is a bow area only...I don't have the regs here to check though.......I would be weary using a rifle with all the houses and there are always people running around up there, a shot gun perhaps but I am pretty sure it's a no fire zone

Jetboater
10-20-2009, 01:11 PM
bow only..... dont expect to see a lot of deer... actually dont expect to see any unless you know the pockets....

Chris76239
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the info, just always looking for areas to hunting close to home.

Lone Ranger
10-21-2009, 03:53 AM
The deer up there are pretty small as well FWIW. LR

Dirty
10-21-2009, 05:35 AM
If you find slinking through peoples backyard's appealing, by all means, go hunt there.

BCLongshot
10-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Come on !

Tons of deer and bear and some bloody big ones.

Can't hunt out of your truck though. Bow and you'll have 2 HUNT.

David Heitsman
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Drive to the empty lots at the top of the Eagle Mtn subdivision. They are full of deer tracks. I had four bucks come past the deck of my friend's house at dusk in August. He lives right near the top.

SteadyGirl
10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
ahhh blacktail hunting! Most people won't even see a four point blacktail over a ten years hunting in the fraser valley!! I've only killed two but I was just getting going:-P Treat yourself and get up on a ridge. McGuire for one. The people on this site killing nice blacktails aren't super human, they are hunting the highest of the clearcuts and the above ridges and the little pockets where they bed which is a bit tougher but super fun.. later they will be hunting the funnels into the wintering ranges. Use the hiking forums to find the goats in the Chwk Rvr Valley and you will be on the trails to blacktail buck country guaranteed,

good luck and I hope you kill a skookum monster