PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on which Bow to buy???

mbariesheff
10-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Just looking at getting into bow hunting but not to sure what kind of bow I should get??? I have heard that the Hoyt bows are quite nice. Just wondering if anyone has any preferences or opinions??? Thanks for the help!

Foxtail
10-20-2009, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't go on anyones reccomendations. What you need to do is go to a shop and shoot some bows and see which one feels the best to you. On that note... I went totally against my own advise and bought a bow online sight unseen... luckily I am totally happy with it.

tomahawk
10-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Get what feels good to you. Asking which bow to get is like asking everyone which truck to buy, you'll get a buch of varying answers. Most bows manufactured today are all good, get what feels good and you will be confident in using.

Chris76239
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree,

I have many bows and tried many other and I've bought bows the wrong way before and been very disappointed and it will affect how you shoot.

First thing you should do is go to a few shop and just pick up and hold a few different bows and find one that feels comfortable. I not sure how much archery experience you have, but you have none it a good start.
If you have no archery experience I recommend taking a few lessons at a local range or proshop first.

In my experience you can't really go wrong with a Hoyt or a Mathews if you find one that fits you nice, but I warn they aren't cheap.

hope that helps a bit,

Chris

Bow Walker
10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Buying a bow 'sight unseen' is a bit of a gamble. Hopefully you'll like it. Total crap shoot.

Having said that - you can most likely get used to any bow you buy. It will 'grow' on you if you give it a chance.

I bought my '06 Diamond Liberty without having shot (or handling) anything in its class. I got used to it in less time than it takes to type this reply. I love it.

mbariesheff
10-22-2009, 02:11 PM
thanks for the replies and opinions on the subject, and I think you are all right I'll just go in look at a couple of different bows hold/try them out and then go from there...
thanks