PDA

View Full Version : Moose in 5-2D

Katana
10-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey all. Well its my second year at hunting and the first year was a bust. So put in for a LEH moose in 5-2D and ended up getting one. The problem is that I have never been in this area before. I has trying to get one in section 5-2C as a buddy has land out there to hunt on but I wrote down the wrong number on the LEH but I'm not going to complain:D Anyways, can anyone point me in a general area to bag a moose??? I'm not asking for anyone to give up there fav spot but just a rough area to start out would be great.

KB90
10-19-2009, 10:58 PM
PM'ed yah...

srupp
10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
hmmm went into the place I shot my moose last year in 5-02d..this year a shyte load of hunters including natives from Kamloops shooting anything in site...

may go back for a day or 2 to look on the north side of the river..

steven

Katana
10-19-2009, 11:17 PM
hmmm went into the place I shot my moose last year in 5-02d..this year a shyte load of hunters including natives from Kamloops shooting anything in site...

may go back for a day or 2 to look on the north side of the river..

steven

Great......:roll:

Jagermeister
10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
5-2D will be a hard hunt unless there is some good snowfall to push the moose lower, out of the mountains in the Wells/Bowron area. What is the time of your hunt? Now or in Nov.? If it's Nov, you should have it made.

Katana
10-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, it's from Nov1-15 but I won't be up there till the 3rd as my wife in all her wisdom planned a cruise until then, go figure...

Jagermeister
10-20-2009, 03:45 AM
You should try in the area of Cottonwood House. About 6 or 8 klicks past Cottonwood house, you come to the Swift River road, take the A branch and hunt it back 10 km or so. There is also a road going to the north off the Barkerville Hwy just about accross from Cottonwood House, Mary's Creek I believe, that could be good too.
Make sure you are prepared, 4X4 and a good set or tire chains. Make sure someone locally knows where you are going and what time you should be expected back for the day. It can dump a foot of snow overnight, especially in the Swift River area.