PDA

View Full Version : Poor, poor bear

huntinnewbie
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Saw this guy while quading on the KVR between Tulameen and Youngberger Rd just a few weeks ago.
He ran up the KVR ahead of us ( looking like a large black angus calf at first)and we could see that he was only running on 3 legs and holding up one back leg. He finally cut down the bank and into a ranch field and disappeared in the tall grass. On our trip back we stopped and looked for him and he was laying in the afternoon sun and eating what grass he could reach.
He finally stood up and was extremely thin and could barely put any weight on that back leg. he was also missing a large patch on the opposite shoulder.
He was a very large bear, easily as long as our quad and as tall as the fenders. Maybe bigger, but what he made up in the size of frame he lost in how skinny he was.
Looks to have been hit by a vehicle and dragged.
We didn't have a bear tag and also wouild have had to find the ranch owner and ask permission to shoot him on their property.
I sure hope someone puts him out of his misery cause he isn't going to make it through the winter.
here's a pic which I had to blow up as he was a fair distance away when I took the pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/debbienight/skinnybear.jpg

Big7
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
There'll be one less calf killer by next spring!

d6dan
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
You should have contacted the CO's.

huntinnewbie
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Thank you D6dan, that's exactly what I said to hubby and he said that they wouldn't be bothered and had better things to do! I also suggested talking to the ranch owner as maybe he could finish it off or contact the CO. But then I am just a girl, what do I know!!:sad: