PDA

View Full Version : Camping spot in 8-15 near Grand Forks

sapper
10-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Okay, so last weekend's Thanksgiving trip was a lot of fun hunting just without any meat to show for it. I'm going to head out next weekend with another friend of mine who just got into hunting. This will be his first trip out. We both have LEH doe tags which we hope to clip. Does anyone have any suggestions for good roads to park a camp trailer on? Also any general ideas to look for whitey does on would be appreciated too.
Thanks.

Elkaddict
10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
There is a forest rec site at mile 28 bridge. Decent place to camp and pretty central. From there you can head up the Granby or the Burrell, or head back south down towards Almond or Lynch. Been lots of changes since I last hunted those parts. They have done a fair bit of logging since then, so I don't know what is what these days. If the rec site is full there are a couple of decent spots just past there heading up the Burrel side not to far past the Y in the road.

sapper
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Elkaddict. Anyone know of anything further south? What about on the W. side of the Granby? Are there any suitable locations there?

alpinetreker
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
lynch creek should do the job for you.good luck