PDA

View Full Version : 8-09 doe draw

TravisC
10-17-2009, 12:52 PM
So my wife has drawn a WT doe for 8-09. Just wondering where might her best chance to close the deal on a doe and maybe a buck be. We have never hunted WT before always Mulies. We have camped at chute lake before in the summer and did some scouting a couple years back. We will be going nov. 6-9th. Would chute lk resort be a good spot to stay at again or is it to far out. Would there be a better area of 8-09 to hunt. What about the roads during that time of year. Any Info would be of great help. Thanks

BigfishCanada
10-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Stay at any motel in Penticton, drive 20 minutes north of the car race track and you will see 100 WT does every morning and every night.

gary murray
10-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Chute Lake resort will probably be a gong show. My buddy wanted to take his girl friend up for a night there last weekend but every cabin was booked solid with hunters. Chute lake does have whitetails along with Greyback, above Penticton where i live and Ok Falls has lots too. Ask to get to the 201 FSR that runs from Greyback all the way to Ok Falls. Very seldom have i driven the length from Greyback to the Falls without seeing whitetails running across the road in front of me.

peterrum3
10-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Arawana Road near Naramata.

yamadirt 426
10-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Arawana Road near Naramata.

I've got the same draw and spent last weekend on arawana fsr. No luck for me. Must try out some of these new recommended spots. Your draw runs out nov 15. Get out there man. You may only have one crack at her. Good luck

BC30cal
10-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Gary Murray;
I read about your bear encounter while you were tenting Gary and am glad it turned out as well as it did.

Just a quick note for the original poster, the first 16km or so of the 201 from OK Falls is actually in 8-01. At the bottom in OK Falls, Shuttleworth Creek is the boundary of 8-01 & 8-09.

I'd think that the area up past the race track should be less people than Naramata, but I tend to only pass through that area this time of year anyway because of the people.

Good luck on your upcoming hunts - I still owe you a coffee someday.

Dwayne

gary murray
10-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Gary Murray;
I read about your bear encounter while you were tenting Gary and am glad it turned out as well as it did.

Just a quick note for the original poster, the first 16km or so of the 201 from OK Falls is actually in 8-01. At the bottom in OK Falls, Shuttleworth Creek is the boundary of 8-01 & 8-09.

I'd think that the area up past the race track should be less people than Naramata, but I tend to only pass through that area this time of year anyway because of the people.

Good luck on your upcoming hunts - I still owe you a coffee someday.

Dwayne
I totally forgot about that. As soon as you cross the bridge and creek by the Allendale road it hits 8-01. I've been hunting the 201 for my moose since it opened on Sept 20th and everytime i head home, i've been seeing whitetails bound across the road.