PDA

View Full Version : MOose?

triggr31
10-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Who in the hell is shooting all these mature moose in the okanagan? What are you trying to prove ? This has been done in the past and has not made the impact that the group thinks its making . JUst so everyone in bc knows the consensus is that the Natives are doing this . Whether its true or not , they have done this in the past .I have personally seen this reported it and nothing was done about it. So when as a group of hunters and sportsman are we going to stand up and say enough is enough . We pay to manage these animals yet we dont apparently get a say in the decision making. Im disgusted with this system . All that meat shot and left on the ground. Whomever is doing this disrespectful act is such a hero . People see this stuff happen but they dont report it. We need to take these guys out of the bush for good . I'm in the bush alot and i find animals poached all the time . This moose thing happens every year though, and it needs to stop.

MRoy10
10-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Completely agree I too hunt the okanagan ... and its starting to get to me how almost every time i take off on the weekends there is a flock of ravens circling a left mature moose carcass. something definately needs to be done about this... this is just another thing for all the anti-hunters to glote about and use against us.. Not saying that thats my main problem with the meat meing left its just plain ignorance.

boxhitch
10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
I think there is a faction out there that just has to kill something, along the lines of the guys that stole and ritualized the goats. Or that shoot the ranging cattle. Have found wounded does and dead fawns near a spot where bottle shooting and bush partys happen.
F&G club volunteers can make a difference with the Wilderness Watch program, but I don't see it here.

500grhollowpoint
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Please don't blame the natives. It is the Okanagan mentality and it's dusgusting. People here are assholes who vandalize, thrash and kill. A lot of people are speculating it's hunters who got excited and didn't count points. Maybe for one. Not that many. I bet people do it to deer all the time it just dosen't get reported or something drags it off.

hunter1947
10-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Who in the hell is shooting all these mature moose in the okanagan? What are you trying to prove ? This has been done in the past and has not made the impact that the group thinks its making . JUst so everyone in bc knows the consensus is that the Natives are doing this . Whether its true or not , they have done this in the past .I have personally seen this reported it and nothing was done about it. So when as a group of hunters and sportsman are we going to stand up and say enough is enough . We pay to manage these animals yet we dont apparently get a say in the decision making. Im disgusted with this system . All that meat shot and left on the ground. Whomever is doing this disrespectful act is such a hero . People see this stuff happen but they dont report it. We need to take these guys out of the bush for good . I'm in the bush alot and i find animals poached all the time . This moose thing happens every year though, and it needs to stop.

I couldn't agree more what you are saying ,its up to us the hunters that are out there to report illegal acts that are carried out in the hunting field ,we did our part as a hunter getting one poached naile for shooting a cow elk this year in the EK..

Prowler
10-18-2009, 09:50 AM
How do you know they are not being reported? Who in their right mind would stumble on to a sight like this and NOT report it? And blaming the natives as a whole is getting old.. You dont think their are any whiteys out there that do this kind of thing? give your head a shake.....My guess is that this kind of thing gets reported all the time, and the COs go check it out, do a minor investigation, and that is that. what are they to do? Not enough manpower or money to be everywhere at once. Do your part, report it, and carry on, or you can do the above, go home jump on the internet and start blaming minorities......

Ruger4
10-18-2009, 10:00 AM
How do you know they are not being reported? Who in their right mind would stumble on to a sight like this and NOT report it? And blaming the natives as a whole is getting old.. You dont think their are any whiteys out there that do this kind of thing? give your head a shake.....My guess is that this kind of thing gets reported all the time, and the COs go check it out, do a minor investigation, and that is that. what are they to do? Not enough manpower or money to be everywhere at once. Do your part, report it, and carry on, or you can do the above, go home jump on the internet and start blaming minorities......

I dont recall reading anything above about minorities ......... or are you just quoting and or speculating / assuming ?

KodiakHntr
10-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I dont recall reading anything above about minorities ......... or are you just quoting and or speculating / assuming ?

Its right in the middle of the first post....

500grhollowpoint
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
JUst so everyone in bc knows the consensus is that the Natives are doing this .

From the OP. Read thge whole thread if you want to make a comment like that.