PDA

View Full Version : Norrish creek

Brew
10-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I hunted Norrish creek hard last year and found my spot. Screwed up a chance at the biggest BT I've seen. this past summer i scouted and set up ground blinds in all the great spots. Now they have gated the whole valley. It really sucks living in the lower mainland where so many people steal cars and take them to the bush to burn them or to throw there garbage in the bush. i know theres a watershed up there but to cut off access to so many KM's of great blacktail habitat really sucks for all the good guys out there just wanting to get away from it all. I think I'll go to mission city hall and see if there is a chance at getting a key for the new gate. the gate may be open now for the active logging up there because I've been getting 2 loads of poles a day out of there at work. But its probably locked at the end of the day. Well thats my rant for today.

Chuck
10-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Hear you loud and clear! Just the same, we're much better off than in some crowded European countries where you can't even step off the sidewalk without being charged with trespass. But then it's probably just a matter of time for us here too, esp the lml.

yamadirt 426
10-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Can you get a dirt bike in there still ?

Big Lew
10-16-2009, 07:35 PM
If you're going to city hall, and they won't give you a key, ask if it's alright to go in by foot, or bicycle. I have taken deer from that area, and were I to re-visit the areas where I saw/took deer, even at 64 years old, I'm sure I could get there with my mountian bike and trailer,(you would most likey have to commit to 2-3 days camping), just a thought, as you would have the area almost to yourself.

yamadirt 426
10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Hear you loud and clear! Just the same, we're much better off than in some crowded European countries where you can't even step off the sidewalk without being charged with trespass. But then it's probably just a matter of time for us here too, esp the lml.

There is a bit of a joke in there somewhere as everywhere I go especially fishing, half the people I run into are Europeaners. Its wierd when you go up to say hi or hows the fishing? and no speak english. ( This is not a shot at Euro's )