PDA

View Full Version : 2 Moose poached and left

huntinnewbie
10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Spotted this in the Princeton paper!

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/similkameenspotlight/news/64311217.html

Angel
10-16-2009, 11:20 AM
:mad: again another one. Its just insane how people cant get it through there freakin' heads if its not legal dont shoot! if its not open dont shoot! This is very simple to understand and for the people who have difficulties understanding these rules should be shot.

gary murray
10-16-2009, 11:22 AM
What idiots some people are.

eastkoot
10-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Yesterday I witnessed a 5 spike elk being killed and as the people that did that deed were passing by a 5x6 bull, they wounded it, not finding it as they had other meat on their plate at the time. Friggin gong show.. Elk are all over the place and so are the goof balls...

quackquackbang
10-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Unbelieveable!!!!:mad: some people should not be aloud to hunt or even posses firearms for that matter!!!!

10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
i guess i can see a 4by being shot as a immie mistake but that bull was done and left. And people say we are heartless killers. The people that shot thoes animals are heartless, and i feel sorry for them as they are worthless and dont even know it

THE SWEDE
10-16-2009, 11:53 AM
This is why I think Antler restrictions are stupid.How many mistakes are left in the bush.If the speices cant handle a all out general season,there shouldnt be one at all

10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
This is why I think Antler restrictions are stupid.How many mistakes are left in the bush.If the speices cant handle a all out general season,there shouldnt be one at all

It's not the restrictions that are stupid, it's the people who can't/won't follow SIMPLE rules. No more than TWO points on one antler. TWO. It's pretty eay to count to two.

THE SWEDE
10-16-2009, 12:43 PM
It's not the restrictions that are stupid, it's the people who can't/won't follow SIMPLE rules. No more than TWO points on one antler. TWO. It's pretty eay to count to two.
I think your missing the point...When people get excited things happen..Im sure that buck you swear was 180" shrunk a little and ended up being a 130" dink.Or that 3 point Mulie was a Whitetail Or that cow moose was a donkey or that Snow Goose was a seagull.I can keep going

MRoy10
10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
No excuses for this kind of crap.!!. around my area that i hunt i have heard of as many as 7 on just one FSR were taken and left one being a fully mature tri palm shot and just left... ignorance ... just plain stupidity.. makes me sick...

10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
I think your missing the point...When people get excited things happen..Im sure that buck you swear was 180" shrunk a little and ended up being a 130" dink.Or that 3 point Mulie was a Whitetail Or that cow moose was a donkey or that Snow Goose was a seagull.I can keep going

I know what you are saying. Did you shoot the donkey? No, because you confirm and make certain BEFORE you shoot. Isn't that one of the first rules they teach at the CORE program?

I'm saying all of us should not be punished because of a handfull of morons.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Sounds more like truckloads full of morons.

I wonder if most of these guys are stoned out of thier pea-sized brains on dope when they do this?

THE SWEDE
10-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm saying all of us should not be punished because of a handfull of morons.

Unfortunatly thats not how our wonderful system works.We all must pay.LOL

dawn2dusk
10-16-2009, 02:17 PM
:mad: what a waste. Some people must have no morales and ethics. How do these guys sleep at night.

yamadirt 426
10-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds more like truckloads full of morons.

I wonder if most of these guys are stoned out of thier pea-sized brains on dope when they do this?

Don't blame weed on this buddy. Maybe they were drunk. Drunken losers are a plenty and do 1000 :1 more retarted sh*t. Some people are just stupid, reckless and just plain don't give a fac.

eastkoot
10-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I think your missing the point...When people get excited things happen..

No, you missed the point... The rules of the game say 6 points... If your not sure, the rules still apply.. GET IT !!! If the game says tri-palm, and your not sure, the rules still apply, GET IT !!!! Frig me ...It's not a get excited and get out of jail free card!!!

500grhollowpoint
10-16-2009, 08:02 PM

More like hopped up on goofballs.

But sereiously, WTF? It said they found some cattle carcasses? That's the best way to get roads gated.....

RiverBoatFantasy
10-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Don't blame weed on this buddy. Maybe they were drunk. Drunken losers are a plenty and do 1000 :1 more retarted sh*t. Some people are just stupid, reckless and just plain don't give a fac.

You are right. Most guys I encounter that appear stoned on weed have a stupid look on thier face and are too busy toking or digging through the chipbag to spot any game.

Ambush
10-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't think all these animals are shot by mistake. There are idiots out there that just want to shoot something dead. Deer, moose, bear, cow, horse, truck windows, skidder tires, canoes, "no shooting" signs.......

There are stupid people all around us and most of them look just like us, so we can't tell them apart.

sceddy
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Someone can take the CORE course over a weekend. Myself, I was walking behind my dad since I was 6 or 7. That's how you learn. That can also go the other way. You learn it from somewhere.

bigshooter
10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Stupid people
Look something moved...
Do you feel safe in the woods with the brown camo stuff on still?

Too many road hunters
Get out and do a walk and the animal might not be running when you see it, lots of time to count.

Makes me stupid mad.

THE SWEDE
10-16-2009, 10:08 PM

No, you missed the point... The rules of the game say 6 points... If your not sure, the rules still apply.. GET IT !!! If the game says tri-palm, and your not sure, the rules still apply, GET IT !!!! Frig me ...It's not a get excited and get out of jail free card!!!

Then why so many mistakes..Huh.Maybe the C.O.R.E course is a joke.Or is it the fact that Restraint Responsibility and respect cant be taught.Or maybe its the fact that game laws are lax and sentaceing or fines are a joke.GET IT!!!!

THE SWEDE
10-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Hunting needs to be thought of as a privlage not a right..

sceddy
10-16-2009, 10:14 PM
The game laws are more severe than Criminal Code laws.

thecoug
10-16-2009, 10:21 PM

Unmitigated CRAP!! You do not create criminal law to accommodate the lowest common denominator of criminal... "like man, he like didn't understand the nature of the act that he committed"
JUST LIKE YOU DONT CHANGE THE REGS TO ACCOMMODATE JERKOFF HUNTERS... That simple... Like I was so excited I shot the sherriff!!! pun intended... what a load!! The point is SOME IDIOTS SHOULD NOT HUNT..

sceddy
10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Think about it. When a drunk driver is convicted, he looses his drivers license for a year, if the crown is willing to prosecute. Most hunting related offences from what I've seen they loose their licenses for more than a year, usually 5 for major offences and steep fines that must be paid immediatley. Think about ,how many lives are lost from drunk drivers? And game fines are way steeper than a $500 dollar impaired fine, which is usaully what they get. It's not the best comparrison, but for what it's worth.

BearStump
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey guys. just got back from a skunked hunt in 3-19 for immies, and mulie bucks.
we got nothing but did find 2 dead moose aswell.
one was a 3 x 4 that was obviously shot by mistake and then left when the 3rd point was discovered (it was a 2 inch kicker down at the base behind the ear)
The other was a mature bull. couldnt figure why someone would shoot that sucker and leave him. unless maybe it was shot then poorly tracked and not found?????
Either way, thats 2 more moose not left to breed and fill my freezer for next year.
The 3x4 was probably only shot 1 day before we found him and the "thought" I repeat, just the "thought" had crossed our minds to knock off that kicker with a rock and tag it for ourselves.
This started a conversation that we didnt really have the answers to about what if we were caught with it etc.
anyways we just left it and continued on. I cant believe that some people have such little respect for the wildlife that we are so privliged to hunt

Chuck
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM

That's what I've always said, but I've found no one who would agree.

Wolfman
10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
:mad: again another one. Its just insane how people cant get it through there freakin' heads if its not legal dont shoot! if its not open dont shoot! This is very simple to understand and for the people who have difficulties understanding these rules should be shot.

Very well said. I bloody shame.

kgs
10-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree it sucks to lose game for stupid reasons. Think of the missed hunting experience that sucks........

boxhitch
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
That's what I've always said, but I've found no one who would agree.Thats a good thing. The idea is ludicrous. To what end ?
So a couple of animals get dumped and not utilized by hunters. Its now right, but so what? The numbers are smaller than the carnage on the highways and railways. Who does it effect ? no one. There are still lots of legal animals harvested, and lots of breeders left for next years crop.
Antler restrictions allow for a self correcting harvest, without the micromanagement needed to monitor GOS-any-critter seasons. Its a management tool that works, for the most part., where and when needed.
I agree antler restrictions are not needed everywhere, but certainly not because of a relativily small illegal harvest.