PDA

View Full Version : overnighter tomorrow

natebavis
10-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Just curious about a few fsr's in region3. Just past Yale is the Catermole Main connecting to the Anderson North Main. Also right before Boston Bar there is the Uztilius fsr that connects to Coq via the Spius Patchett fsr and Murray Lake rd. among others. I am looking for deer and or bears. All I am looking for is info about visibility into the bush while driving or hiking. I like to explore new country but like to be able to see more than 2 feet in the sticks and go for hikes when it looks good...Anyone driven these fsr's ??? Thanks

gamer
10-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I have travelled these quite a bit. Anderson is known as a good bear spot. I saw a large blackie up there last week. Lots of grouse too. Fishing was great as well. Saw only does. I entered off the coq. and came home thru Boston Bar. Anderson has a couple of easily accessed clear cuts, but, from what I have heard you will need to hike the ridges for deer. Deer tracks in all clearings that I scouted. In my opinion Uztilius would be best. We saw nothing when driving, only while hiking.