PDA

View Full Version : Pinantan Lake- Region 3-27

BigfishCanada
01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey guys, I bought some property at Pinantan Lake NE of Kamloops. Its near Paul Lake region 3-27. I know taht there are alot of road hunters during the season but beeing a local I plan on using my quad and going off off off road to scout. Someone said there are alot of moose in the area. Can anyone assit me on where to begin scouting an area near the lake itself, I do have quads and have some great maps of the area. I know there are big game, its just far away from the roads which is fine with me. Any advice would be awesome.

Shoey
01-07-2006, 05:43 PM
I have never seen any moose around the Lake itself, but I have seen several all point north on in that area.

Congrats on the purchase!

Caveman
01-07-2006, 11:51 PM
I'd have to agree with Shoey, from the lake either north or east but check for reserve boundaries. Definately reserve land in the Cold Cr area below the old radar station and around the old Harper Ranch. Get into the Hyas lake area you can run into moose, mule and whitetail. You'll enjoy it up there, lots of trails etc.

BigfishCanada
01-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks gus, has anyone ever scouted the hills south of the lake? looks steep but also looks like they have some marsh's up top? Can I scount Hyas from a quad leaving Pinantan or is that too far?

Shoey
01-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks gus, has anyone ever scouted the hills south of the lake? looks steep but also looks like they have some marsh's up top? Can I scount Hyas from a quad leaving Pinantan or is that too far?

My memory of the area isn't that great, I never spent much time around Pinatan itself, mostly out around Paul Lake and the area North.

There are some nice little lakes in the hills south, with some good fishing. I'm not sure about the huting in the area, I've never seen anything up there but the Sheep, which are protected.

If I were you I'd concentrate on the land North and East, especially if you have a quad, there are some nice spots up there. The backside of Sunpeaks and out the back of Heffley lake are some good spots.

I would avoid the Strawberry Hill and the burnt areas from the Chase fire just for the simple fact of wanting the animals to come back to those spots. But that's a long haul in a quad. Although, I'm not exactly sure how far the burnt areas go.

I wouldn't go to far west because like Strait'n'flat'n'long said there's reserve boundries there, and I wouldn't even piss around anywhere near there.

I'm sure you would have any problems baggin' critters up there.