PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna bound

newhunterette
10-13-2009, 08:33 PM
October 29-November 1, I am off to Kelowna for a hockey tournament with Braydon.

I am thinking about bringing my huntin gear along with me and taking a day trip while he hangs at the rink. If anyone has a little advice as to an area for me to check out would be muchly appreciated.

We will be staying at the Manteo Resort.

Thanks
Ali

newhunterette
10-14-2009, 03:28 PM
wow tough crowd - 67 views and no one offers a bit of advice - see if I post another recipe your after sheesh

all this wisdom on this site - I have only hunted the cariboo so for the OK I have no idea but never mind I'll check out my topos and my map books (heck I don't even know if I will get to go anyway)

how about this just come by the hotel and have a drink forget about any hunting advice

Ali

10-14-2009, 03:34 PM
PM sent your way Ali

CT

Amphibious
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
hunting in the kelowna area is like trying to be sneaky in a provincial campground on May long. I wish you luck.

sorry, been there a year and and would rather drive 4hrs to hunt an afternoon then hunt locally.

sparkymacker
10-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Hahaha...well I think the majority of the guys here are better drinkers than hunters! Not sure how far you want to drive, but if you head up towards Big White there are some logging roads to go into. Unfortunately anywhere you go here...be prepared to meet lots of hunters:eek:. I was talking to a guy I work with about starting to go to some of the areas we like on the Westside and he informed me that they got nuked by the Terrace Mountian fire!:eek:

mark
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
If your staying at mantao and want to do a quick and easy road hunt, head into the burn! 10 minutes further down lakeshore and head up under the big power lines!
Tons of roads, and lots of glassing to do! Mulies and whities just start to get good by then!

GoatGuy
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
If your staying at mantao and want to do a quick and easy road hunt, head into the burn! 10 minutes further down lakeshore and head up under the big power lines!
Tons of roads, and lots of glassing to do! Mulies and whities just start to get good by then!

X2.....................

Fisher-Dude
10-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Save a few dollars. Goat Guy has a BIG house with all the amenities, and good hunting 5 minutes from his front door. He's rarely home, so you won't have to put up with him, but his GF and his dog are both wonderful to be around. I'm sure they have room for you. :smile:

bowhunterbruce
10-15-2009, 05:48 AM
hey ali ,although i am heading out for my goat today,i will see about possibly takeing you out with the mrs that weekend.
i will talk to her when i get back on sunday k
bruce

doubled
10-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Ali. if I was in town then, I would take you out and show you the ropes. As usual though, I will be away trekking through another part of the bush in the hopes of stumbling upon Bambi's father.

Mark is right about the burn area and it is very close to Manteo. There will be lots of people but get out there and walk a few minutes. Find a nice spot and sit for an hour or two and you will be suprised what moves through an area that doesn't look like it has life in it.

Good luck and keep us posted of your results.

newhunterette
10-15-2009, 05:52 AM
see now this is why I adore y'all so much, all I had to do was say no more recipes and poof, I get some wonderful offers and advice, I knew I could count on ya, never doubted y'all for one second.

thanks bunches
Ali:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Stone Sheep Steve
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm sure Manteo will let you hang your animal there when you get something:wink:.

SSS

knockturnal
10-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm sure Manteo will let you hang your animal there when you get something:wink:.

SSS

Bahaha. priceless

But, like everyone said, there is no more private areas around kelowna anymore. they get slammed hard by everyone. Ive been here my whole life and havent encountered as many hunters as i have this year. You will be here just as the mulies will be going into rut. Easy pickings if you know where to look.

goatdancer
10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
PM me a couple of days before you head this way. I might be able to hang the critter you're going get, if I find room in my garage.

EPOWER
10-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Ali,
Lots of Bucks around.
Find a logging road off of fsr 201 by Big White for Whites, took an 8x6 last year and have come across a few 4x4s this year. Old growth.
Mulies on Westside, Bear Creek rd.....29km area.

As for the amount of hunters...mostly roadies anyway...hike in, call... and you will find them.

newhunterette
10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
thank you everyone for your guidance - the way Braydon's schedule is for games it is looking I may not be able to go out for a day hunt :( however, y'all can come join me for a drink or a snack

not sure what the Manteo offers but I know Kelowna has some great places

heading out friday morning, Braydon's first game is 5 pm

newhunterette
10-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Geeze can a man ever make up his mind

Now Peter says I should be able to go for a little day hunt so heck that's it - bring the rifle and hoping to get me a nice deer to say neeener neener to him

doubled
10-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Good luck Ali, keep us posted. We have had ALOT of snow lately so the animals should be moving down into the area you are going to be.

hunter1947
10-30-2009, 05:54 AM
Have a nice time Ali ,good luck with the tournament http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Leaseman
10-30-2009, 07:47 AM
So this means Pete is home by himself...... time to call him and see if he can come out and play!:shock:

newhunterette
10-30-2009, 02:51 PM
we made it - kelowna will never be the same with me in town

so who wants to take me hunting hehehehehe

first game tonight at 5 pm - we drove to Kelowna to play Semiamhoo lol

300H&H
10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
I see you brought the FREAK'N RAIN with you. :razz:

It seems the deer ARE starting to move better now.

Im out tommorow for a A.M. hunt.

I'll be back by 9am with my mulie :shock:.

FREE BEER AT MANTEO - JUST ASK FOR ALI'S ROOM. :-P

Fisher-Dude
10-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I better get the f### outta town.

newhunterette
10-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I see you brought the FREAK'N RAIN with you. :razz:

It seems the deer ARE starting to move better now.

Im out tommorow for a A.M. hunt.

I'll be back by 9am with my mulie :shock:.

FREE BEER AT MANTEO - JUST ASK FOR ALI'S ROOM. :-P

swing by here in the morning - i'll go with ya lol

oh heck I wont tear up the town too bad

Jonas111
10-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Good luck if you do go out. My brother and I shot an immy moose a couple weeks ago up the chute lake road area. We have seen lots of tracks up there.

You should see something as long as the traffic isnt bad up in the hills.

Enjoy Kelowna and good luck in the hockey tournament.

newhunterette
10-31-2009, 01:36 PM
well very typical in my life - I didn't get to go this morning - I was all dressed and ready to leave - I made breaky for Braydon and Peter so they would be good for the game at 9:00 am - woke Braydon up, woke Peter up - let's just say Peter didn't get in until 3 am this morning and at 7 am he was still completely snockered so there was noway I was letting him drive to the rink so "no hunting" for me and he got to sleep all day grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

guess this season isn't meant for me

Fisher-Dude
10-31-2009, 04:22 PM
well very typical in my life - I didn't get to go this morning - I was all dressed and ready to leave - I made breaky for Braydon and Peter so they would be good for the game at 9:00 am - woke Braydon up, woke Peter up - let's just say Peter didn't get in until 3 am this morning and at 7 am he was still completely snockered so there was noway I was letting him drive to the rink so "no hunting" for me and he got to sleep all day grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

guess this season isn't meant for me

He must have been down at Cheetahs last night, catchin' a few shows. :razz:

GoatGuy
10-31-2009, 05:10 PM
He must have been down at Cheetahs last night, catchin' a few shows. :razz:

Not everybody hangs out at the rippers drinking O'douls looking at 'dream girls' you old creeper.

newhunterette
11-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Home from Kelowna - beautiful weather there and great people at the manteo but one question do y'all not know how to use your signals when driving, good gosh

frenchbar
11-01-2009, 06:15 PM
How did your sons team make out?

THE SWEDE
11-01-2009, 06:15 PM

When i read the title I figured it would have something to do with you and her..Kelowna Bounded and gagged

landphil
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Home from Kelowna - beautiful weather there and great people at the manteo but one question do y'all not know how to use your signals when driving, good gosh

I think I'm the only one who does, but I don't count 'cause I live in Westbank :tongue:. Nearly non-existant traffic enforcement = some pretty insane driving from some people around these parts.

newhunterette
11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
How did your sons team make out?

Lets just say if our team didn't have the goalies we have - they would have been completely slaughtered instead of losing with dignity - my son in 3 games of him in net received almost 200 shots and his team shot in 3 games 63 shots - our other goalie in the one game he played had 52 shots against him and 14 shots against other team.
29 goals were scored against us and 7 goals were scored for us - my son and the other goalie received MVP awards - our team sucks but our goalies rock

our other goalie and his dad were rear-ended on their way to our 3rd game and that was it - he was injured in the accident and could'nt play so Braydon had no tandem if he was injured or needed an out - pretty interesting the person who hit them asked "why you stop, light was blue" - now where did he get his license from

I think I'm the only one who does, but I don't count 'cause I live in Westbank :tongue:. Nearly non-existant traffic enforcement = some pretty insane driving from some people around these parts.

scared the you know what out of me driving around Kelowna and Rutland, some very flavourful language as well gets yelled at you

geeze I must be tired - I just re-read what I posted and wow double typing things and spelling oops very sorry

GoatGuy
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Lets just say if our team didn't have the goalies we have - they would have been completely slaughtered instead of losing with dignity - my son in 3 games of him in net received almost 200 shots and his team shot in 3 games 63 shots - our other goalie in the one game he played had 52 shots against him and 14 shots and the team shot 13 times against other team.
29 goals were scored against us and 7 goals were scored for us - my son and the other goalie received MVP awards - our team sucks but our goalies rock

our other goalie and his dad were rearended on their way to our 3rd game and that was it - he was injured in the accident and could'nt play so Braydon had no tandem if he was injured or needed an out - pretty interesting the person who hit them asked "why you stop, light was blue" - now where did he get his license from

scared the you know what out of me driving around Kelowna and Rutland, some very flavourful language as well gets telled at you

Sounds like the boy got lots of practice. Good for him.

I know that driver. He's up for holidays. He's the chief driving tester from the lower mainland.