PDA

View Full Version : North of Ascroft on Hwy. 97

VicP
10-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Some where prior to Ascroft heading south on hwy 97 the trailer door popped open on the camper. Low and behold if my laundry bag with my waders, uboat float tube, flippers, wading shoes and fly real popped out the back door some where north of Ascroft. Probably it's a fat chance of finding it again but I thought maybe someone might of and it would be nice to get it back with a $100.00 finders fee.

Vic

:icon_frow

bruin
10-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Good luck Vic, that sucks. Sure it didn't get "openned" by a bystander at a rest stop?

VicP
10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
No, because when I fueled up in PG the door was closed when I did my walk around after fueling. Should have locked the dead bolt on the door but I was to lazy to walk to the truck and pull the keys out of the ignition.

Hind sight is always 20/20.....

sparkymacker
10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry about your luck, we always have a wire loop that we slip over the door knob. Even the door lock opens the wire loop keeps if from only opening more than a couple of inches.

Farmer John
10-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck....I had a similar thing happen a few years back. Had two guns slip out between my tailgate and the canopy door. Didn't realize they were gone until that night when we were setting up camp. Did not get alot of sleep that night. At first light, we (me and the other lost gun's owner) backtracked logging roads for a very tense 6 hours and found our guns laying in the middle of the road. So now the canopy always has a rope on it for back up and the important stuff gets packed below the height of the box.