PDA

View Full Version : Firearm Registration Certificate

BCBRAD
10-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Regulation says you must produce one to an officer. Will a photo copy do?

ROY-alty33
10-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Until the amnesty is over I do not!
Thats my hard line answer, I dont know why I dont I just cant be bothered basically. The only reg. cert. I carry is the one for my restricted.

30.06 Hunter
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
If asked yes you must produce a certificate for each gun. A photocopy is fine. I carry the ones they sent me in my wallet. If you lose the certificate they will send a new one.

kastles
10-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I photocopied all my certs onto one page, folded it up and stuck it in a small baggy with my hunting licence, and stuck one in my car in case I forget my hunting licence.

BCBRAD
10-13-2009, 05:38 PM
would you produce a photocopy of your drivers license when pulled over?
it has a picture on it smartie

BCBRAD
10-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I photocopied all my certs onto one page, folded it up and stuck it in a small baggy with my hunting licence, and stuck one in my car in case I forget my hunting licence.
that's what i have done, i don't want to leave it in the vehicle in case it gets stolen

BCBRAD
10-13-2009, 05:45 PM
would you produce a photocopy of your drivers license when pulled over?
it also has a halogram on there

Gun Dog
10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I photocopied all my certs onto one page, folded it up and stuck it in a small baggy with my hunting licence, and stuck one in my car in case I forget my hunting licence.That's what I do. I e-mailed the CFC once and all I got back was "we don't provide legal advice". I think you just need "proof of registration" and I've received originals that were just printed on regular paper.

Smart travelers photocopy their travel documents including driver's license, passport, credit cards, airline tickets, visas, etc because if you lose them a copy is 1,000 better than nothing at all.

kastles
10-13-2009, 06:03 PM
that's what i have done, i don't want to leave it in the vehicle in case it gets stolen

I hid it real well. I love hiding shit. That and the fact that nobody it going to want to steal my vehicle. :)

NNS
10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I laminate the card and duck tape it to the stock...

wolverine
10-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Until the amnesty is over I do not!
Thats my hard line answer, I dont know why I dont I just cant be bothered basically. The only reg. cert. I carry is the one for my restricted.

Not that you care but you do realize that amnesty has nothing to do with it. It only means that you won't be charged. No reg. cert., original or copy, means the firearm will be seized until such time as you provide the certificate. Don't know about you but I look forward to my hunting trip each year and don't need something as simple as that to screw it up for me. I, like many others have copied and laminated the certs and I put them in the gun case or carry them in my hunting wallet with my firearms license and hunting license. I don't know anyone anal enough to give someone a hassel over a copy of a cert. but... they could be out there.

Lone Ranger
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
and the fact that nobody it going to want to steal my vehicle. :)

You'd be surprised! I thought that and had one stolen that was UGLY. Apparently they like to use them to ram through walls with..

I carry the originals in my glovebox because I do a fair bit of target shooting and hunting on short notice, and I usually forget the regi's at the house. I did, however, get pulled over and my license and registration checked the other day believe it or for doing the speed limit! Apparently no one on River Rd in Delta does and the officer therefore thought I was drunk. Of course my regi's are all mixed in with my insurance papers (ATV, trailer, truck, regi's, all in a small folder) so not surprisingly it took me a couple of seconds to find it. The officer picked up on the regi's and therefore asked if I had any firearms with me, my answer was no because I was coming back from work. Understandably they asked to do a quick search of the vehicle and of course came up with nothing, but to make a long story short it was a minor hassle because I leave them in the glove box so I don't forget them. They didn't say much more about it but if the officer decided to pull an attitude (or if I did), I wonder if they would make a big deal out of it - especially considering the anti-firearm attitude down here. Just something to think about.

I would leave mine with the rifles in their case but I prefer soft cases and they're not ideal for carrying papers. LR

Cyrus
10-14-2009, 08:12 AM
what gets me is all they have to do is run the serial number or your license number on their system and it will tell you, what type of firearm it is, who owns it, and if it is registered. If you lose your certificate I think they charge you for a replacement. I have never been asked for mine.

7mag700
10-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Why burn your own paper and photocopier ink??? Need three copies? Phone CFC and tell 'em you lost your reg certificates. For all your guns. Rinse, repeat three times.

Presto, three original sets of reg certificates :biggrin:

7m7

KodiakHntr
10-14-2009, 09:34 AM
The officer picked up on the regi's and therefore asked if I had any firearms with me, my answer was no because I was coming back from work. Understandably they asked to do a quick search of the vehicle and of course came up with nothing, but to make a long story short it was a minor hassle

Why did you allow them to do a search period?

Lone Ranger
10-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Because I have nothing to hide and its easier than sitting around in handcuffs waiting until they get a search warrant to find out that I didn't have any firearms in the truck in the first place.. Delta police are pretty much the same as Abby police. Thats why. LR

BCBRAD
10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
CFC says origional only, no photocopies, but you can laminate the origionals