PDA

View Full Version : Whipsaw? Not sure now...

ZENYO
10-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi All,

I'm heading out this weekend. Originally we were going to Bralorne but my hunting partner really wants to go to Whipsaw. I’m pretty easy going and just glad to get out and I have never been to whipsaw so I thought it would be fun to try a new place. But… I haven’t read a lot of good things about Whipsaw. Things like “over-hunted”, surprised their still game”, etc…

Is it really that bad?

oddsix
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Havent been up there yet this year, but there are generally quite a few hunters. But the amount of roads and different areas you can check out is incredible. Just go slow and scan those logged areas really hard, there are plenty of deer there.

capper911
10-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I was up their on the 10th and it was crazy how many people were there... Every mile there was a camp, 5th wheels, wall tents, quads,etc..I packed up and went elsewhere for the rest of the weekend..

bruin
10-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Personally I wouldn't touch that place with a ten foot pole at this time of year. Not to say that it couldn't happen but I would suggest getting off the beaten path if possible.

ZENYO
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the input... I think we will be going to cache creek this weekend.

gary murray
10-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Yep she's heavily hunted alright. The animals are there and if you are lucky to get something, you're going to feel it mentally and physically from the work you put in to get it because you're competing with lots of others out that way. Whenever someone mentions hunting in Princeton, Whipsaw seems to come up first all the time.

Rob
10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
We were up Red creek at the beginning of the mos. and there was a shitload of hunters/campers.