Jordo
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
nice looking buck!

ZENYO
10-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow! Nice buck!

Jelvis
10-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Thats one nice buck you got there hunter a real four pointer in great shape, I just wanted to tell you that, you did an excellent hunt for sure.
Jel -- heck of a hunt there -- nice four point mule deer with a real roman noze on that buck --

jrjonesy
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow! Congrats on a great buck! Too bad your family put such a downer on what should have been an awesome time.

I can't even imagine the wildest scenario where someone would pick up and move camp 25 K without telling someone in the party. Bizarre is putting it lightly.

BimmerBob
10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow! Congrats on the buck, nice!

I can't beleive they moved the camp without agreement from all considering you were the experienced hunter in the group. You might want to check out the genetics, my guess is you are adopted... ;)

:lol: Bob :lol:

Brew
10-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I've alway thought that Bob. It all makes sense now

leadpillproductions
10-13-2009, 01:37 PM
nice looking bucks

MichelD
10-13-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm impressed with your hunting style; boot leather and sitting still looking hard rather than burning gas.

budismyhorse
10-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Congrats!

sounds like you made a heck of a stalk on that buck. You showed restraint by getting into a position to make a quick ethical kill... Good for you.

As for yer partners......they move camp on you.....don't appologize for the stress they caused you....and take 350 yard pot shots at running fork-horn bucks?!?!?

No offence. But you and your family are on opposite sides of the ethical spectrum and they may cause you a few headaches in the future.

enjoy the steaks......

A friendly tip: next time knock the guts out of it before you leave for help....if you couldn't get to it first thing the next morning...the meat would likely sour.

Blainer
10-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Good buck.
and I agree with your way of thinking.
Good tip mentioned earlier:
A friendly tip: next time knock the guts out of it before you leave for help....if you couldn't get to it first thing the next morning...the meat would likely sour.

LYKTOHUNT
10-13-2009, 02:10 PM
So I have to ask as I cant stand it any longer what was the reason for moving the camp 25km away without telling anyone in the group, there has to be more to this.

BigfishCanada
10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Your Bro and Dad, made me mad just reading. I am shocked that anyone would do something. And I agree, 350 yard shot running deer is a stupid shot.

BUT, you have a nice rack there, and did a great job CONGRATS

ratherbefishin
10-13-2009, 02:19 PM
great shot-but I agree-get it bled , gutted and cooled asap-I learned the hard way,shot a nice fork on opening day morning ,went back to camp to get my wife to help me drag it out,had breakfast and came back a couple of hours later,gutted my deer,but it was just not as nice eating as it should have been.

Rossbay
10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
I would have been more than mad with the disappearing camp scenario, they must be huge outdoor rookies. It would also be the last time I went hunting with them, especially given the 350m Hail Mary. Unfortunately you don't get to pick your family but doesn't mean you have to hunt with them.

Brew
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
yeah I know I shoulda gutted him first but I figured I'd be back in 20 minutes. I've now learned not to assume anything with my dad and bro around. Not quite as reliable as my buddies.

FlyingHigh
10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
well done. i was up in the Loon Lake area this weekend. i didn't see so much as a grouse, though i did hear of one 3 point dumped. glad someone had some success!

shitty about you dad and bro moving camp. i would never hunt with them again.

budismyhorse
10-13-2009, 02:38 PM
yeah I know I shoulda gutted him first but I figured I'd be back in 20 minutes. I've now learned not to assume anything with my dad and bro around. Not quite as reliable as my buddies.

Right on Brew....Cheers.

Good luck on the future hunts buddy.

quackquackbang
10-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow beauty buck!!!!8)

Brew
10-13-2009, 03:59 PM
My bro ran into a group of 25 dirtbikers and figured they would have scared everything out of the area so they decided to move and try to find me by driving the roads on their quad. All I can say is at least I got my buck. Dropped it off at Ganders today for a head mount. I just purchased a new house and have to put some stuff on the walls of my man room.

hillclimber
10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
wow awesome buck. hope you had a good time despite the fact about moving camp. oh well thats the way she goes.

Brew
10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
I had a great time. I dont think a bad hunting trip exists.

hillclimber
10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
i was up in the Loon Lake area this weekend. i didn't see so much as a grouse, though i did hear of one 3 point dumped. glad someone had some success!

1 buck hit the ground in 3-30 and a doe in 5-1:biggrin:

BlacktailStalker
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Solid buck, right on.

I think I'd be inclined to tell my son we were going to move camp and definitely consult him before hand :confused:
For all they knew you could have seen a bachelor group of bucks that you all could have taken a poke at !
Maybe even a bit of jealousy going on :lol:

trigger
10-13-2009, 05:05 PM
nice looking deer. congrats

dukester
10-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Congrats!

sounds like you made a heck of a stalk on that buck. You showed restraint by getting into a position to make a quick ethical kill... Good for you.

As for yer partners......they move camp on you.....don't appologize for the stress they caused you....and take 350 yard pot shots at running fork-horn bucks?!?!?

No offence. But you and your family are on opposite sides of the ethical spectrum and they may cause you a few headaches in the future.

enjoy the steaks......

x2.. would you do that to them??? NO.. great answer!! get some better hunting companions.. what if you were hurt.. needed alittle attention.. that move is beeeezarrrrrrr:roll:

5 spike
10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
awesome looking bucks congrats to you guys.

sapper
10-13-2009, 08:10 PM
That is quite the story. I can't imagine my crew just deciding to move camp and not mention it before-hand.
Great story on the buck. A really good lesson on how patience pays off. I'm curious though about one thing though. Would leaving the buck over night like that not wreck the meat?

Buckmeister
10-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Very nice buck there, and a great stalk.
Your family should have their heads examined. Just because some motorbikes drove around doesn't mean the game vacated the area. Those two have alot to learn.
You should print off the responses to this thread and give them each a copy to read.
Moving camp without your knowledge? Pure stupidity!!! If you didn't have transportation, you would be faced with a survival situation. Was it cold out? Ask them how they would feel if you had did it to them! Makes my blood boil just thinking about it.
Sounds like they have some serious trust building to do with you now! I bet it will be a long time, if ever, you take them hunting again.

Brew
10-13-2009, 08:45 PM
It was very cold and he laid there for about 11 hours. Its not ideal and it was the first for me to leave an animal overnight. The meat looked and smelled fine once the hide was off. the butcher said it looked great but I'll let yeah know after the first roast gets cooked.

showtimebc
10-13-2009, 09:07 PM
great looking buck! glad you still enjoyed the trip with the speed bumps you endoured, would have been a shame with the success you and your family had.

muleychaser
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Plain and simple, Good hunting partners are hard to find. It is no different than finding a roommate you click with. Apart from that beautiful buck! Looks like you were up the left side of the first main fork past the ranch hunting. I hunt there quite a bit and just love the country. Once again congrats.

stixnstones
10-14-2009, 08:42 PM
hey brew congrats buddy.beauty buck.stick with me next time.i ll never let u down.