PDA

View Full Version : AH Conservation Officer

BCBRAD
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Has anyone run into CO Hunter in their travels ? This guy is rude , accusing, ignorant of law, and is basically a hard on in a uniform, with a guilty until I say your not attitude. No wonder the good and fair CO's get a bad rap with this jerk in their midst.

The Dawg
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Nope..but I think there is a story there...explain :)

BCBRAD
10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
One of my work mates met up with this guy out the Buckhorn on the week-end and accused he and his btother of tampering with hunting licences, their hunter numder are the same, one ends in 6 the other in 9 and this wipe got it all confused and became beligerant on them. i know these guys for a long time and they are about as straight as the come.

Dillybar
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
We had CO Anaka pull us over by Crooked Lake in 5-15 and the experience was pleasant. We had two moose and a mulie with us and right from the initial exchange of greetings the officer was professional and courteous. He inspected our fishing/hunting and LEH licenses and checked out our quarters in the truck. All in all a 15min process, and he also gave us a note just in case we ran into another game check on our way home. It was good to see him out there in the middle of nowhere.

Chameleon
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
To date all experiences I have had have been pleasant, but as in any profession I am sure there will be some that will bring the professions name in to disrepute.

BCBRAD
10-12-2009, 06:33 PM
And I have equally pleasent experiences. just sayin' this guy was /is a jerk. The last meeting I had with a CO, 4yrs ago, was met with the same line of questioning 3 times, i guess he was trying to trip me up, doesn't work on old guys who abide by the law. Other CO"s are great, just pointig out one or two bad ones surely paints the good ones in a bad light.

Everett
10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Was pulled over by a CO this week a MC Beghbie or something like that, he is out of Cranbrook. Very pleasent polite gentleman who shot the shit for 5 minutes for 5 minutes before he asked for my license

dukester
10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
And I have equally pleasent experiences. just sayin' this guy was /is a jerk. The last meeting I had with a CO, 4yrs ago, was met with the same line of questioning 3 times, i guess he was trying to trip me up, doesn't work on old guys who abide by the law. Other CO"s are great, just pointig out one or two bad ones surely paints the good ones in a bad light.
head into there office and have a chat with there boss. If it happeneed to your friend don't get so worked up about it, have your friend place a complaint . most officers go on 1st impressions on how they will handle a situation. i lived in ft st john most my childhood and was stopped every summer and fall. I had no issues with any, not even Mr Parkerand his K9 yiks now he had an anger issue.. :lol:

BCBRAD
10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Not worked up about it , but suggested he pay the CO"s supervisor a visit, I hope he does.

308Lover
10-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Good to hear our friend Anaka is out there being the great guy who checks us out regularly in 5-03! He sets a great example for people in his profession.

Fisher-Dude
10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I think someone has a problem with COs and the authority they represent.

So....if I debone an animal in the field ,pack it back to camp with a patch of hair and the sex evidence is everything cool. Do this occasionally with deer as I don't have a quad and can be several miles from the truck Yes it could be two little deer or one big one . Thats for the CO to prove or take my word on it, generally the meat chunks are big enough that a moron could tell it is one deer but CO with stiff dick don't think that good!

abbyfireguy
10-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Why would you say that?

PGK
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
We don't have any bad apples in PG. If you're straight up with them, they're straight up with you. I got checked last fall, drove off, spotted some ducks, bailed out, CO's coming up behind me, loaded three shells, dropped three ducks, CO hollered NICE SHOOTING! and continued on his way...I think I've been checked by all of them at one point, they've all been friendly and in a couple of cases, asked me how truthful some other anglers at a particular location were being about who was doing the fishing prior to their arrival...

BCBRAD
10-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Authority is not an issue, some of their tactics are cheesy at best. For sure, I site only the bad apples , most are professional and treat the public with respect. I have little use for the ones that do not.