PDA

View Full Version : region 7 calve season...

3kills
10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
well i had to head to Quesnel to do some work on a car up here so i took a look in the regs to see what was open..oh look region 7 calves are open..as i hunt for food i dont have a problem with takin some veal home with me..so i got some info from a friend in pg that hunts 7-8 a bit and off we went first thing this mornin. couldnt find the one road we were lookin for so we settled for another one 3 kms up it i see a moose. get out take a look its a cow see another one stand 50 yards from it take a look its a calve. its facin us and wont turn so i put one right in the neck out of the 300 saum and it drops like a ton of bricks...so we are sittin there waitin a bit to see what the now upset cow is goin to do..she just hunt out and wouldnt leave so we are sittin in the truck where its warm for a bit and the cow walks a lil ways a way. a guy pulls up and i get out of the truck and he asked if i got something. i told him ya i just shot a calve and i m waitin forthe cow to leave,he looks at me and says the cow is still there i said ya why u got a cow draw he said ya. i said shoot her she is right there and u will make it easier for me to get the calve. so he puts her down too. we both help each other in the draggin and loadin and we go on our marry way...

10-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Way to go 3 kills, now thats sharing the wealth !!

You'll have some fine eating moose there.

Congrats and ....... enjoy

CT

Blainer
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
How good is that.
Great!
Pictures?

bigshooter
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Nice!
Love it when a plan comes together.

Rob
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Way to go, you make it sound too easy!

todbartell
10-12-2009, 04:51 PM
great story. worked out for everyone. congrats. now you have some nice meat to go with your carrots this winter! :D

3kills
10-12-2009, 07:31 PM
will put a pic up when i get back to merritt tomorrow...no carrots!!!

hillclimber
10-12-2009, 08:04 PM
sounds like a good hunt. that other guy must've been glad he ran into you. get some of those pics up!

moosinaround
10-12-2009, 08:08 PM
will put a pic up when i get back to merritt tomorrow...no carrots!!!
You gotta put carrots in a roasting pan!! Onions, celery, garlic, red wine!! Come on 3 kills we all know you eat veggies too! Way to be, will be some fine dining! Moosin

3kills
10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
ya they were more then happy to help get the calf to the road..and yes i put carrots in the roatin pan and yes ilike my veggies but i hate cooked carrots LOL

Elkhound
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
nice job Darcy. calf moose....tender