PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

MEATEATER
10-12-2009, 06:24 AM
ok guys I need help I've researched it and I've picked lots of your brains allready but I have been hunting in radium now for 5 days were leaving soon and the only elk I have seen were on farmers fields and in the back of some guys truck:(. So I need help any help would be hugely appreciated (i.e spots or tips) ive been calling and have not even got any responses, weve been quading hiking glassing seen some nice deer that i passed up because then we would be limited on how long we could stay so please please please any help would be great.

Blainer
10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Knock on those farmers doors.
Many of the local farmers would appreciate you getting those elk off their fields.

MuleyMadness
10-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I do believe you are way late to be getting much response from calling too....maybe in Radium they are more localized and will still answer, but in much of the province that time is long past...I agree with Blainer, if done respectfully, many farmers would appreciate the elk off their property, but that being said, many won't, so be prepared to be told no a bunch of times.

triggr31
10-12-2009, 10:08 AM
the elk are in second string of rut right now and they may not answer but they will check out your 20 cow calls they use them all year round

TheDuckinator
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
But if you do knock on farmers doors I would highly recommend doing so without wearing camo.

MuleyMadness
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
But if you do knock on farmers doors I would highly recommend doing so without wearing camo.

Good point...leave the rifle in the truck too lol.

And as for the elk checking out the calls, that is right, but if he's looking for vocal responses, he's not likely to get them.

HD95
10-12-2009, 04:20 PM
If you're a BCWF member,mention to the rancher/farmer that you have $2,000,000 in liability coverage,be respectful,the outcome may be positive.