PDA

View Full Version : Good cookbook Wanted

eaglesj
10-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Hey guys,

I recently got my first big game animal, and am looking for a good cookbook for elk, bison, moose. I love cooking so ones with fancier recipes is good too. Thanks

Jonathan Eagles

aletheuo
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
John Barsness, famous gunwriter, has one out with his wife Eileen.

martyonthewater
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
My wife bought me one by Janie Hibler called 'wild about game' it has a lot of nice simple recipes for all kinds of meat as well as some interesting stories and history . Lots of high end dishes to choose from as well.

The Dawg
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
What about the HBC cookbook we put together a couple of years ago?....

Send Marc a PM and see if we have any left- support the site! :)

eaglesj
10-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys,

Knowing me and cooking, I will probably have all of them in a short time.

Jimbo
10-13-2009, 08:38 PM
"Game" by Klaus Wockinger. The Bible of game cooking.

Marc
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
What about the HBC cookbook we put together a couple of years ago?....

Send Marc a PM and see if we have any left- support the site! :)

Unfortunately with cost associated with getting the cook books printed,the cost of shipping, and time required to put it together it wasn't feasible to have them printed off. I ended up having to pay out of my pocket on the last order as the cost of having them made had almost doubled from the previous order.

If there are still cook books out there being sold as an HBC cook book they are not in support of the site in any shape or size.

Lots of good recipes on the site, and the majority of them are the same as in the cook book.

David Heitsman
10-14-2009, 12:12 PM
eaglesj

I collect hunting books and one of my faves is John Schumacher. He also creates videos and DVD for game cooking. His recipes allthough not extravagant are quite gourmet. I got them all thru the mail from the North American Hunting Club. I see Cabelas carries some as well.

flyhigh_206
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
i just bought a book on ebay the otherday sounds good let you know when i actually get it, it's called the wild game cookbook and this is what the ad said<DIV id=EBdescription> vjo.ctype('vjo.darwin.pres.buying.cmp.iframe.Aegis Description').needs('vjo.dsf.EventDispatcher').pro ps({constructs:function(){var t=this;t.lastInitCall="";},init:function(callerId){var t=this;t.lastInitCall="";t.bSafari=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bSafari;t.bFiref ox=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bFirefox;t.iVer=vjo.dsf. client.Browser.iVer;t.bWin=vjo.dsf.client.Browser. bWin;t.cTime=new Date().getTime();if(!window.bError){var el=new Date().getSeconds();var lt=(el-window.bl);if(typeof(clientErrorLog)!=="undefined"){if(lt>clientErrorThresholdTime){vjo.darwin.pres.buying.c mp.iframe.Aegis.process(lt);}}}if(((callerId!==2)&&(t.lastInitCall!=='')&&((t.cTime-t.lastInitCall)

flyhigh_206
11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
sry that didnt work here it is again
A COLLECTION OF EASY,BASIC RECIPES FOR THE AVID SPORTSMAN.
THESE DELICIOUS RECIPES CAN BE EQUALLY SAVORED IN A CAMP HOUSE SETTING AS WELL AS WHILE ENTERTAINING FAMILY STYLE AT HOME.
A VARIETY OF RECIPES FOR VENISON, QUAIL, DOVE, FISH, RABBIT, SQUIRREL, AND ELK AS WELL AS HEARTY SIDE DISHES IS INCLUDED IN THIS COLLECTION.
THESE INNOVATIVE SELECTIONS ARE SURE TO BE ENJOYED BY THE WILD GAME LOVERS OF ALL AGES

dougan
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Cook It The Same As Beef