PDA

View Full Version : Big bucks being sighted

RiverBoatFantasy
10-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey folks just letting you all know that unusually high numbers of very large bucks are moving in the Empire Valley/Blackdome/Gang ranch area. Lots and lots of small bucks also.

browningboy
10-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Came back from 108 mile the other day and you're right as I seen alot of nice racks in the back of trucks/ trailers coming back, actually spoke with a guy in Hope with a nice 5X5 mule, said he got it by Riley Dam.

mark
10-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Geez, like that area isnt busy enough with hunters, now a post like this....They will need traffic lights out there!
Maybe we will get an early winter this year and some great deer hunting to make up for the past 2 lousy seasons!

Krico
10-11-2009, 01:53 PM
This just in:

Lots of moose in Prince George area.:roll:

browningboy
10-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Geez, like that area isnt busy enough with hunters, now a post like this....They will need traffic lights out there!
Maybe we will get an early winter this year and some great deer hunting to make up for the past 2 lousy seasons!

Just because they're seeing racks on the highways doesn't mean they're all from the Gang Ranch...they're all from Clearwater....

frenchbar
10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Any one remember the yr when B.CFish and wildlife issued 3 tags per person to hunt that area,and the slaughter of the deer in Empire valleyand the fights and such that went on with hunters and the ranch owners.My dad has told me stories as he was freinds with the folks that had the Empire valley ranch at the time.ive always wanted to go hunt that area ,but steer clear because of the amount of hunters that go there.I wish i was around to hunt it in the 50,s must have been a Muley hunters dream .

muleychaser
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Just like a hornets nest or squirrell Hiding food for the winter, When the bucks show up early so does the winter. Thanks for the heads up I better start putting stuff away before the snow flies.:wink:

Fisher-Dude
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
For sale: swamp land in Florida. Seems like it belongs in this thread, not the buy and sell.

F*** some of you guys are gullible. :roll:

jessonml
10-11-2009, 11:52 PM
My goodness what a sh*t disturber RBF is. The funny thing is Im sure some people reading this actually believe him.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Record low temperatures folks. The bucks and does are moving early, and moving in large numbers.

digger dogger
10-12-2009, 08:49 AM
the gang ranch has been shot up. imho. lots of bucks but nothing big(maybe the odd one).. 10 yrs ago before the secret got out it was fithy with good bucks but from what i have seen its a good place for meat bucks... one of the guys i hunt with wants to go there this year, but i think ill hunt the rut in alberia with my uncle...

BCrams
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Big mature bucks change behaviour with an increase in hunting pressure over time.

They're still there, but not easily found. Won't catch many of them waltzing through the grasslands like they used to.

I'd have to agree with RBF .... these cold temps are going to trigger some activity in areas.

triggr31
10-12-2009, 09:52 AM
they are acting weird this year. MY experience with the animals we harvested this fall is that they had three to four inches of fat on them what does that tell you . harsh conditions are coming.

mark
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
they are acting weird this year. MY experience with the animals we harvested this fall is that they had three to four inches of fat on them what does that tell you . harsh conditions are coming.

tells me they ate good this summer! :p

muleychaser
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
The weather is definately different this year, Winter seems to be coming early. Alot of those animals come from as far away as Taseko. You can look at the weather channel and read all the almanacs you want, Animals are still the best indicators for approaching seasons and weather fronts.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
All of the wolves I have seen this year tend to have heavier coats and appear to have longer legs. Haven't shot one yet but I'm trying.

muleychaser
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Lmao............