PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dry Cows!!

lightmag
10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
so head out for a quick morning hunt checking some nice cuts on thsi frosty morning, spot a moose 800 yards off, stalk.... there is 2 moose, one has gotta be a calf or 2pt right, chances are good, get inside 100 yards, two mature cows??? no way, sneak closer, 60 yards, definatly mature animals, no antlers and NO calves!!! watched them inside 50 yards for 15 minutes with tons of visibility, definatly no calf!!!

so i head out, turn down another road, truck loading calf!!!! , leave discourage and see gut pile from last night, WTF....

I'm getting frustrated!!!

back out tomorrow

GoatGuy
10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Is there no calf season where you're hunting?

HUNT4LIFE
10-11-2009, 10:33 AM
I got my calf last night, loaded it up and driving back to town and just about hit a cow and calf on the highway, shocked the crap out of me never seen anything up until then.

.300WSMImpact!
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
what makes you think they are both dry maybe someone shot there calf's already, it seems like lots of people shot immi's this year

lightmag
10-11-2009, 12:03 PM
yes calf season is open now, thus the guy loading the calf this am, i missed it by 15 minutes!!

I know they were dry because i was close enough to see that they had no full teets and they were very relaxed with me there and calf season only opened yesterday.

QUOTE=GoatGuy;528133]Is there no calf season where you're hunting?

[/QUOTE]