PDA

View Full Version : Africa Addio

Stone Sheep Steve
10-10-2009, 02:42 PM
My 6 yr old daughter found this while looking for hunting videos on Youtube:shock::shock::shock:.

As hunters, this is part of our heritage. I'm just glad we have access to modern weapons.

Pretty Crazy stuff.........................:shock::shock::shock :

Caution-Some very graphic footage
Not for the faint of heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkN6C1ur1t8

Please keep the comments clean and relatively positive

SSS

Ozone
10-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Very interesting

MIL720
10-10-2009, 03:04 PM
not sure what I think of that....Thanks for the link

Silverado
10-10-2009, 03:07 PM
It's difficult to speak cleanly and positively about Africa Addio. I've seen the entire documentary a number of times.

What a waste.

THE SWEDE
10-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Whats fair????A yahoo with a high powered rifle shooting for the trophy.Or "True Hunters" in every sense of the word ,stalking a animal that has a chance to flee and is most definatley going to be eaten?The death of any animal aint pretty

mark
10-10-2009, 08:56 PM
WOW! Awesome footage for sure!
Cant say as I liked the take down of the elephant or the hippo!

killman
10-10-2009, 09:06 PM
When the elephant pulled out the spear I thought he was going to throw it back.

skibum
10-10-2009, 09:25 PM
The elephant was dropped with a rifle shot

SUAFOYT
10-10-2009, 09:32 PM
i don't know that I buy this. With Africa awash is weapons of all sorts, I find it hard to swallow the notion that this isn't some kind of video set-up.

MIL720
10-10-2009, 09:53 PM
The elephant was dropped with a rifle shot
yes..I thought it was too

3kills
10-10-2009, 11:40 PM
i think the footage is awesome..and yes the elephant is dropped with a rifle shot right 309 in the video..

Johnnybear
10-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the link SSS. That was interesting footage for sure.

Thank god they have some game animals to kill however they have to to live period.

The footage isn't sporting it's survival.

The thing I found the most interesting was the water buffalo footage. I thought you needed a 500 Nitro express to kill one of them. Makes some of the African "Death at the doorstep" or whatever crap look lame campared to those guys ganging up on them with just spears and bear feet:idea:.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-11-2009, 05:44 AM
It's difficult to speak cleanly and positively about Africa Addio. I've seen the entire documentary a number of times.

What a waste.

Haven't seen it myself. Don't know what it's all about.

It's a waste but you've seen it a number times? Care to elaborate??

SSS

huntwriter
10-11-2009, 06:35 AM
It's pure hunting how it used to be done everywhere. Death is never pretty be it administered by a pride of lions, wolves or native Africans. They all hunt to survive not for sport with self imposed rules and ethics. Survival has no rules and ethics.

islandboy
10-11-2009, 06:50 AM
i don't know that I buy this. With Africa awash is weapons of all sorts, I find it hard to swallow the notion that this isn't some kind of video set-up.

+1 .............

bigshooter
10-11-2009, 07:55 AM
So if you cool the animal in the river will it reck the meat?

Brambles
10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
10,000 hunters. Try and divy up a DikDik.

I guess in the game of survival, you do what you gotta do.

See those guys fighting over spears, the one guy threw his and then stole the other guys spear and threw that one too.

bighornbob
10-11-2009, 08:50 AM
I wonder how many people get hit by spears. In some of the scenes of the antelope running between people and they are all throwing.

Even in the scene where there a a couple of guys fighting/celebrating over the dik dik, right at the end, it looks like someone is going to throw a spear at it while they are still holding it.

BHB

Stone Sheep Steve
10-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I wonder how many people get hit by spears. In some of the scenes of the antelope running between people and they are all throwing.

Even in the scene where there a a couple of guys fighting/celebrating over the dik dik, right at the end, it looks like someone is going to throw a spear at it while they are still holding it.

BHB

The video points out where someone takes a spear or something. Can't remember the time but a pop-up points it out.
Edit..it's @ the 1:11 mark.

SSS

Silverado
10-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Haven't seen it myself. Don't know what it's all about.

It's a waste but you've seen it a number times? Care to elaborate??

SSS

That link is to 4 minutes of a documentary that runs several hours, and shows what happened in Kenya when the British left. Most of it actually isn't about hunting. There's another video on YT that is a montage of all the hunting/killing footage, with a Toto song running as the soundtrack. I found the scenes of zebra having their legs broken by two jeeps with a cable to be a bit much for my liking.

The entire thing is available on Youtube in about 20 segments IIRC, for those who have the time and are interested.

Silverado
10-11-2009, 09:14 AM

Africa Addio was produced in the 1960's.

digger dogger
10-11-2009, 09:41 AM
that is a tough to watch vid..the food chain can be ruthless, i could'nt watch the elephant take down. WOW and OWW...

SteadyGirl
10-11-2009, 02:00 PM
that is NO incentive to contribute to the african economy

some rise the bar of the human race, others wallow in its crapulence

THE SWEDE
10-11-2009, 05:55 PM
that is NO incentive to contribute to the african economy

some rise the bar of the human race, others wallow in its crapulence

What gives you the right to say whats right??Is it because you shit in a toliet and drink Perrier??Those people a feeding themselves.Not shooting a underaged cougar for a trophy so one can stroke his or hers ego.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
....and the gloves are off!!!!:tongue:

SSS

RiverBoatFantasy
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I'd suggest that people study the history of Africa and the involvement of foriegn persons in shaping it into the place it has become. Much more disgusting than Adido or tribal wars.

huntwriter
10-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I'd suggest that people study the history of Africa and the involvement of foriegn persons in shaping it into the place it has become. Much more disgusting than Adido or tribal wars.

Got that right.

bigwhiteys
10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Wow... They could probably teach many of us a thing or two! Impressive, to say the least. They know where their next meal is going to come from!

Carl

Silverado
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM

I think that is a great part of the underlying lesson to be learned from the Africa Addio documentary; it must be viewed in it's rather long entirety however.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
What gives you the right to say whats right??Is it because you shit in a toliet and drink Perrier??Those people a feeding themselves.Not shooting a underaged cougar for a trophy so one can stroke his or hers ego.

I'd be willing to bet that she has no issues with taking a crap over a log and wiping with leaves.

BlacktailStalker
10-13-2009, 10:35 AM

No kidding.
Knowing their survival partly depends on species population (food), guaranteed they don't slaughter baby kittens sleeping on the ground 50 yards from their unseen mother.

Mik
10-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I have never heard of this documentary, but it sure sounds interesting, thanks for the link.

RustyRipper
10-13-2009, 10:11 PM
they obviously dont care too much about damaging meat, or taste for that matter. that hippo must have tasted like shite. cool video though, it reminded me of cavemen and mammoths or something.

huntwriter
10-14-2009, 05:58 PM
they obviously dont care too much about damaging meat, or taste for that matter. that hippo must have tasted like shite. cool video though, it reminded me of cavemen and mammoths or something.

These people are not connoisseurs of fine foods, they have to provide meat for the village to stuff starving bellies. If you're hungry enough who cares how the meat tastes all you care is to have food on the plate.

I've witnessed such hunts in Africa, not on such a grand scale, and have nothing but the highest admiration for these people. To us sport hunters with our self imposed morals and ethics to make ourselves feel good, it may look offensive perhaps even cruel and wasteful. But these people are part of nature and natures food chain in the truest sense of the word. I don't think anyone of us would survive a single day under the conditions these tribes have to live.