PDA

View Full Version : Semi-urgent Mackenzie BC need to get message to hunting party

jales4
10-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Hello,

I need to get a semi-urgent message to a hunting party near Mackenzie. (Not life or death). The directions I have to their camp are: "1km across Nation River, in about 3 km at top of hill". Of course, if this camp was taken....

I am from near PG, and have never been to Mackenzie. Can anyone, in the next hour while we prepare to drive up, provide a map that would get us there, and tell us how far out of Mackenzie, driving time, this might be?

Thank you.

jales4
10-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Okay, we are on the road, please anyone with suggestions on how to get to them call me at XXX XXX XXXX

Edited to remove phone number.

jales4
10-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks to Mike for some great directions. Determined it will be to dark by the time we get up there to start looking for them, so we are leaving here first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks Mike!

If anyone is heading out that way for an afternoon hunt please give me a call so I can describe them and their vehicles so you can keep an eye out.

Thank you.

jales4
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Message to Mike,

Thank you for your awesome directions. We found the area you directed us to and they weren't there. About 20kms away from the Nation Arm crossing there is another crossing of the Nation River. We found a recently abandoned camp that looked like something they would have created, but kept looking. At 4pm we hit a spot where cell service was available and received a message saying that they had limited out on moose and headed for home at 10:30 am. Murphy's Law.

Your directions were great, but even more important was your extreme kindness in taking the time to figure out where we were talking about and taking the time to call and help.

Your kindness made a stressful situation a bit more hopeful. You are one of the good guys!

Wolfman
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
The HBC forum saves the daY!!!!:lol: