PDA

View Full Version : the gun regisrty

ruger#1
01-05-2006, 09:30 PM
When the conservatives get in can we cut up our gun registration certificates.or will we be faced with more rules and regulations, that the every day criminal would not abide by. it is funny how i register my truck. but this will not stop a crook from stealing it and killing a Innocent person. then to top it of he would get a slap on the wrist. and i would have to pay my deductible to cover the damages. think about it next time someone is messing around with your vehicle, not a fun time.

CanAm500
01-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I would keep it, you never know what will happen or who will get into parliment (hopefully the Tories!!!). I would keep all the papers.

01-06-2006, 09:39 AM
I am sure WHEN the Conservatives get in, we will be told what their exact plans are. Harper is saying "registry will be scrapped" .....sounds like no longer to me!
The feds have wasted 2 billion plus and 10 years operating a system that isn't working, and still doesn't have close to all the long arms in Canada registered despite the lies the lieberals are telling the sheeples. For those Canadians who chose not to register firearms back when registration became mandatory, what are the Conservatives going to do if they decided to carry on the insanity that will make these individuals change there minds now?
The present system of addressing crime through a national registry isn't working and the Conservatives realize this, so l think when they get in, it will be the end of the registry.

Fred
01-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Just look at the Avro Arrow project. That was a viable aircraft that could still be in use today and probably be faster than anything in it's class still. The old Conservatives took offence at the Lieberals of that era and that was the end of the aircraft industry.
The point here is, the Cons. will take swipes at anything Lieberal and otherwise do what all polititions do best, mislead and lie to the public.
I will vote Cons. only to be rid of the Lieberals and then trust nothing they say or do! Fred

Gilmore
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Seems everyone is hopping on board and getting their ducks in row. This was released yesterday in Ontario. Chad

http://www.ofah.org/News/index.cfm?ID=3&A=GetDoc&DID=260

huntcoop
01-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Regarding those gun registration certificates, do you need to pack them with you while your out hunting or shooting to prove that the gun is yours and registered?

Gateholio
01-06-2006, 01:34 PM
About time OFAH stopped being a organization of Quislings and actually started supporting shooters and hunters, instead of selling out every time the gv't comes calling..;-)

Gateholio
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Regarding those gun registration certificates, do you need to pack them with you while your out hunting or shooting to prove that the gun is yours and registered?

You have to provide proof of registration if asked. There is no law that says the reg cert has to be in your pocket when hunting , though.

For 2 billion you would think that a cop would be able to check to see if it was registered if you haven't got the reg cert on you.:mrgreen:

But, I suppose that it may help cut through some BS if you keep the certs in your wallet when hunting. A Co or cop "could" seize your firearm until you produced the registration. But msot CO's in BC don't care if you have it or not.;-)

Steeleco
01-06-2006, 02:56 PM

I photocopied the originals and covered them in mylar tape. I have so many copies I never am without a set, that said I've never been asked for them either!!

NEEHAMA
01-06-2006, 04:40 PM
i had a B.N.E at my work. when i met the cop at 3am she already new my name from the alarm company. she knew mentioned to me i had registered guns etc. i was a little taken by this. we chatted a bit. she had it all in her computer in her car. this was in early 05.

ruger#1
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
i was under the inpresion they have to be with the gun at all times, i was going to laminate mine and put it in the buttstock. it would be with the gun, they couldnt argu that one.

willy442
01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
I registered a 7mm. Then gave it to my son and he registered it, in his name. We both have the reg cards, he lives in Victoria and I in Fort St John. Goes to show how well the 2billion was spent and how accurate thier info is.

ruger#1
01-06-2006, 06:54 PM
i wonder if bubbles , ricky , and julian ever registered their potatoe gun, again they arnt hunters.

MRBucks
01-07-2006, 01:38 AM
I registered a 7mm. Then gave it to my son and he registered it, in his name. We both have the reg cards, he lives in Victoria and I in Fort St John. Goes to show how well the 2billion was spent and how accurate thier info is.
If you didn't go through the transfer process,that could pose problems down the road, if the liberals get back in, and the registry isn't scrapped. I know the SN of the firearms can be cross referenced, to the owner, if he ever got stopped in a game check, (which frequently have RCMP on hand checking registrations) it may show up as registered to you still..

Gateholio
01-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Even so, it is perfectly legal to LOAN a firearm to someone, as long as they have the proper PAL and the reg cert goes with th egun.

I could LOAN a rifle to anyone with the proper PAL, and just give them the reg cert, and it is legal.:)

elkster
01-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Ya all can forget about them cancelling the gun registeration. that's already established as a cash cow for the gov't. The best we can hope for is no further restrictions.

01-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Ya all can forget about them cancelling the gun registration. that's already established as a cash cow for the govt

How do you figure that when there are stats are saying the error rate in the present CFC data base http://www.lufa.ca/quickfacts.asp ? (71%). Every one should request under a "access to info" a list of the firearms the govt thinks you have. There are so many mistakes in the present system it isn't worth salvaging.
And how is it a cash cow? Do people have to pay to register firearms now? Some sort of firearms control lm sure will still be around after the election, but l think the present system is dead!!

Gunmedic
01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Keep the papers, actually, I have copied them all to disk and have them on CD. Overcautious? Yes, secure Yes. Trust them, NO.Gunmedic.

MRBucks
01-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Even so, it is perfectly legal to LOAN a firearm to someone, as long as they have the proper PAL and the reg cert goes with th egun.

I could LOAN a rifle to anyone with the proper PAL, and just give them the reg cert, and it is legal.:)
This is true Gate, but in the case I was commenting on, the same firearm has now been registered to "two" different owners.(without going through the transfer process) I'm frankly suprized that even could be done without being picked up on, but I suppose it just shows how screwed up the system actually is. This being the case I suppose a stolen gun could actually be registered to the thief.It would be interesting to see who's name would appear as the owner, if they were to run a check on the SN. Both?I suppose this raises another point. Many married people hold thier belongings jointly, cars, property, bank accounts, boats, etc. Pretty well anything that has to be licensed or registered. This can save a lot of grief, if one were to die, as jointly owned items are not subject to probate fee's. If a fellow had several thousands of dollars worth of firearms, registered soley to him, in reality they could be subject to probate fees. Probate fees are not placed on the value of general household items, furniture, etc., as they are considered automatically to be jointly owned, but as firearms are registered similar to a vehicle, they could be construed as not being held jointly, and therefor subject to probate. It makes you wonder. Can firearms be allowed to be co-owned, and registered as such. It would make sense. I just went through a six month run-around dealing with my Fathers estate, so this stuff is still fresh in my mind.

Steeleco
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
MrBucks, I know of a an example where the same guy has recieved reg cards for i think 7 handguns all identical except for the serial #, trouble is he only has one. So when the law shows up and wants all of them what's a guy to do?? moral of the story, the system is *&$%#@ and even the boys in blue know that but aren't allways allowed to comment that way.

There was a time when it was suggested that people double register their firearms, I think it was just prior to the Dec 1 98 date but it was a popular idea in it's day. Father/son husband/wife kinda thing.

ruger#1
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
reminds me of the time my father renewed his FAC , they called him and he went and picked it up. then the next week they called him again, they had another one for him, he told them that he had picked it up earlier.

BigfishCanada
01-07-2006, 12:49 PM
If the conservatives make its so criminals actually do some time, I'll be happy. I am sure they will scrap this stupid idea as well.

I think the liberals after this should be up for charges themselves. Why is it if I steal from a corner store Ill get charged, but when a liberal steals its canadian politics. A currupt government is what that idiot chretian and martin represent and I am sure they laugh about it behind closed doors.

voting Conservative because we have no choice!!!!!!