PDA

View Full Version : looking for 3-27 info

d_k
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM
when I look in my map book it shows that a good part of 3-27 is native land. I have never hunted there, but recieved a leh doe draw
(second choice) for november. A doe should be simple enough to find, but
is there enough crown land there to play with?

Kye
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
The vast majority is crown land. Look at a backroads mapbook, it outlines IR's.

4 point
10-09-2009, 04:06 PM
FN folks were all over 3-28 (trucks and quads)last week looking for moose. When my partner asked 2 of them if thet had an LEH draw for any bull they laughed and said we don't need that were status. My partner says oh...and one FN said with a big grin on his face we can be selective you know, laughed and drove away.

KevinB
10-10-2009, 05:49 AM
3-27 is mostly Crown, the various IR's don't take up very much of it. There is also a fair bit of private land in the valleys, especially around Louis Creek, Heffley Creek, Paul Lake and Pinantan Lake. Lots of muleys around.

You can get a look at where the private land is if you have Google Earth. Go to this site: http://ilmbwww.gov.bc.ca/dm/wms/index.html , scroll down to the "Land Ownership and Status" links, and click on "view in google earth". Then once it opens up in GE, you can zoom in to your area, turn on the layer, and presto a reasonably up to date private land layer shows up.

Good luck with your draw.

M.Dean
10-10-2009, 06:30 AM
d k, if your going to hunt up this way,Pinantan Lake, Hyas Lake area, give me a PM and I'm pretty sure I can set you up in a area with a few does. Marv.

d_k
10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
thanks for the responces guys.
it all a big help