PDA

View Full Version : goose

shekarchi
10-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm going on my first goose hunting, this Saturday in delta. I have access to a land with a pond at the back. I have seen some 200 geese on that pond during the day. Since this is my first goose hunting I was wondering what time of the day would you expect them to come in. As far as i know there is no feeding area in that land. I guess what I'm asking is that would you expect to seem them in the morning or will they be at some other place feeding? what time of the day would they go to a pond or a lake?

thanks

sparkes3
10-08-2009, 08:32 PM
i would be there for an hour before first light,and bring a lunch so you can stay all day if they dont come early

f350ps
10-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Unless they are roosting there they won't be there early, probably not until 9-10 am. Only variable is if they get kicked out of there feeding fields by other hunters then they could come earlier. If you go early you can always whack some ducks while yer waiting. Good luck! K

Jimbo
10-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I would be ready and waiting an hour before legal shooting time.

Patterning their movements and schedules is usually very important, but opening day in Delta all bets are off. The birds will be looking for a safe place to feed or rest and the sheer number of hunters will keep them moving.

f350ps
10-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, did ya get them?? K

shekarchi
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I only got 2, and my buddy got 3. I need to work on my shooting. we also got 9 ducks. I'm not too happy with the results but the it was a great day. oh and I couldn't believe how many shots were being fired during the morning in delta, it seems that a lot of people got their bag limit.

p.s all I can think about now is how i'm going to hit them the next time.:lol:

Qwa-honn
10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
not bad. at least you got something.
we got nothing.

303Brit
10-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Ya I got hooked earlier this year, isn't it great

dutchie
10-13-2009, 09:30 PM
I only got 2, and my buddy got 3. I need to work on my shooting. we also got 9 ducks. I'm not too happy with the results but the it was a great day. oh and I couldn't believe how many shots were being fired during the morning in delta, it seems that a lot of people got their bag limit.

p.s all I can think about now is how i'm going to hit them the next time.:lol:

be as upset as you want with your shooting but we had 1 bird act a little interested and flew away. we shot nothing, but the neighbours seemed to be having a good hunt. It sounded like WW2 overe there!

It is always nice to bring somthing home but at the end of the day it is all about getting out and enjoying the nature and scenery!

Dutchie

duckkiller
10-16-2009, 01:52 AM
be as upset as you want with your shooting but we had 1 bird act a little interested and flew away. we shot nothing, but the neighbours seemed to be having a good hunt. It sounded like WW2 overe there!

It is always nice to bring somthing home but at the end of the day it is all about getting out and enjoying the nature and scenery!

Dutchie

WHAT EVER! come on Dutch!:tongue:

duckkiller
10-16-2009, 08:08 PM
WHAT EVER! come on Dutch!:tongue:
I am sitting at Jays in Alberta and he says WHAT EVER! too LOL:tongue: