PDA

View Full Version : Got my first moose!

Brett
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
First an apology, I didn't take any pictures while I was out (forgot/excited/BUSY!) but I do have a couple garage pictures. Anyway spent all day as deep in the bush as you can be under the Salmon river. Ran into a fellow members tree stand, very cool to see not in a picture :) There was a big bull in there that had slipped away a couple times and I was determined to get him, but nothing. Hit a few more good spots after lunch and still nothing. On the way hme saw a LOT of very fresh/that days tracks. 2 bulls a cow and calf. Started calling and heard the weirdest sounds ever, almost a growling but like a moose would return calls, started crashing closer then a truck comes down the road and it starts to leave (still returning calls) then turns back, then away again, farther until gone and no response. 5min later give up, tail between legs come around a corner in the road about 1k away from where we were calling and the he is, my 5x4. Shot him in the base of the neck at the top of his neck while quartering away. We had just been joking around about how we spend all day in the bush and "some guy" will just shoot one on the road and go home. GREAT experience and I go a little help from Mke and Eric with the cleanup! Thanks guys!!!

quadrakid
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Congrats on your first moose,they sure are a nice load of meat to walk up to.

todbartell
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
great job! sounds exciting

KB90
10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Congratulations on your first moose! You must be pretty happy

M.Dean
10-08-2009, 07:29 PM
The first one is always the best one! Except with moose hunting, every one still gets your blood pumping! Congrats!

quackquackbang
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Congrats on your first moose!!!

plumbob
10-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats on the first moose.

hillclimber
10-08-2009, 08:09 PM
congrats on your first moose. i love it when animals drop on the road, makes life a lot easier. gets those pics up!!!!!!!!!

T300WSM
10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Good job on the moose, now you will be hooked like the rest of us.

oddsix
10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
good going. feels great when you drop your first animal

moosinaround
10-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Congrats again Brett!! There will be some good table fare there! TSX's worked pretty awesome Too!! Never thought a 150gr bullet would put a hurtin on a moose like that! Glad to help you out, now lets go get the other tag of mine filled! Moosin

moosinaround
10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Congrats again Brett!! There will be some good table fare there! TSX's worked pretty awesome Too!! Never thought a 150gr bullet would put a hurtin on a moose like that! Glad to help you out, now lets go get the other tag of mine filled! Moosin
I will let the picture thing go this time, as I had a first hand picture while skinning it!! LOL Moosin

killman
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Congrats Brett! Sometimes it just work out hey!

Ambush
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Congratulations on your first jughead!

Sometimes luck is the only thing that can save the day.:D And most of us wish for a lot more of it.

Post whatever pics you got. You got something to be proud of.

6 K
10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Congrats on your first moose. You'll never forget it.
I was alone in three feet of snow 400 yds from the road for mine.
Loved every second of it.

P.S. you are hooked for life now, resistance is futile.:-)

EVERYONE OR NO ONE !

The Dawg
10-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Congrats buddy..told ya ! :)

killman
10-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Still no pics! Shame on you..........

moosetaken
10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Brett: congrats on a beauty. The garage is allways there for your game. This year it's had your moose, buddy from works grizz and my kids doe and blackie hanging. time to start looking for something for me now.
I've got the neibours shaking their heads "what do you mean your garage has air cond and your house does't" :)
Ps I'll send you some pix when I get a chance to sort out the computer issues at home.