PDA

View Full Version : Got my elk.

bear buster
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Took my mom and 3 kids, 11 months, 4 and 6, all out for a hunt, we have had some rain and wet snow so the road was greasy, no prob put it in 4wd right? Wrong light came on but no 4x4, too late stuck, slid off road, crawled under truck in the slop, and removed accuator, not moving. So get this i used 2 rachet extensions and a rachet strap, back on road and hunting! Got to feild at 530, settled in and waited 10 min, daughter said i should go for a walk so i left kids with grandma and went. Made a loop around field, and found a spot across from where the elk come in. at about 630 i noticed a shape moving across from me, huh whitetale....no a lone cow elk, so i gave her 10 min and she had no boyfriend. Having not seen much this last week it was time to fill the freezer, ranged her at 230, picked up my dads old cooey 30-06, put bipod legs down and settled crosshairs on her neck, and sent one of those federal fusions 180s flying, no thump or thud? did i miss? walked to spot and low and behold there she was, perfect shot, and more meat to add to the moose in freezer. Had a blast with the kids and mom watching me do the dirty work, love to see the kids asking alot of questions and "helping me". The night started out rough but ended up being a really nice trophy, any hunt that i have to share with kids is awsome but to take another animal with them....priceless. This is my daughters 2 nd elk with me and my sons 2 nd aswell, and my other lil guy, will be 1 nexy week, happy birthday Hunter! We have taking lots of deer, moose and a few dozen grouse, in the last few years, every time it is a trophy to me, but those were boone and crocket ears?lol

Steeleco
10-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Great story, great shot, but here at HBC we have rules!! Where's the pictures dude LOL :biggrin::roll::biggrin:

KB90
10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Good Story, I would love to have some elk meet in the freezer, Would love to see some pictures.

nano
10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Congrats its alwas good to hunt with your kids!!

Angel
10-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Cant wait for the pics as well.