PDA

View Full Version : Anyone affected by blockades please read

randymac
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
To all BCWF members:

At the latest meeting of your elected BCWF Board of Directors discussed the matter of the ongoing blockade by the Tahltan First Nations of the Klappan River Rd. There was news of another at Telegraph Creek and the Boulder Rd. (We heard that this last one didn’t last) As a result of the discussion the following motion was passed.

“Whereas members of the Iskut First Nation have set up a roadblock on the Klappan River Road interfering with a legal hunt
And whereas this is an illegal act
And whereas there has been harassment, vandalism and financial loss to our members as a result of these actions

Therefore be it resolved that the BCWF Board of Directors instruct the BCWF Legal Defense Advisory Committee to compile a report for submission within five working days identifying what laws have been broken by members of the Iskut band and what damages have resulted to our members as a result of these illegal actions”

What I need is reporting back to me by members who have been impacted by this or other blockades. I would like

1 Details of any acts of intimidation, threats or warnings of repercussions for breaking the blockade or conditions attached to it
2 Details of costs incurred only to abandon the hunt or shift the hunting effort to other locations
3 Details of loss of an opportunity to use your LEH authorization
4 Information on any acts of vandalism or harassment related to your effort to hunt in the area.
5 Copies of any written material handed out, posted or otherwise distributed
6 Any notes taken during confrontation or explanation for denial of access
7 Information of any spoken apology or justification for the action of blockading the public right of access.

We are confining this information gathering to our members. However, if you know of non-members who wish to pass on their information I will compile it, just make note that they are not members. Also, don’t let the limiting date in the above motion deter you from sending me your information. You may not be back home until well past the “five working days” stipulation in the motion. Don’t worry about that, I will compile the information.

Please pass this information on as we are trying to gather as much data we can in support of whatever future action we may have to take. A similar message to this will be in the Outdoor Edge too.

Send any and all information to me @

Rwiebe6@shaw.ca

PO Box 34, Nanoose Bay
BC, V9P 9J9 or you can phone me (250) 468 - 7686

Yours in solidarity, Rod Wiebe – Chair, BCWF Legal Defense Advisory Committee.

Rodney Wiebe

Vice President, BC Wildlife Federation
PO Box 34, Nanoose Bay,BC, V9P 9J9
250-468-7686 rwiebe6@shaw.ca