PDA

View Full Version : Ducks 101

Brigs
10-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Having recently moved to the island, perhaps one of you could recommend a few central island locations to do a bit of duck hunting??? I was thinking the Cow Bay area??? Towards Cowachain Lake??? Nitnat???

Thanks in advance

Brigs
Mill Bay

kyleklassen
11-01-2013, 09:27 PM
if you went to nitnat river next week or the week after and got just above the no shooting area I will personally garuntee you at least a limits worth of chances at ducks

Dirty30-30
11-01-2013, 09:38 PM
PM field marshal. He can get you in the only area in Cow Bay, the Dinsdale Property. I talked to him last year, and he offered to take me out, but i couldn't find a migratory licence anywhere.

kyleklassen
11-02-2013, 10:27 PM
PM field marshal. He can get you in the only area in Cow Bay, the Dinsdale Property. I talked to him last year, and he offered to take me out, but i couldn't find a migratory licence anywhere.good call.....

303Brit
11-03-2013, 12:29 PM
But don't be fooled by the Gnomes charm he is a pretty good waterfowler.

Marc
11-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Also be aware that you cannot legally shoot ducks or anything other than Canada Geese on the Dinsdale property. Nothing more frustrating then having a snow goose or specks come into your decoys and you can't shoot them there.

lorneparker1
11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Also be aware that you cannot legally shoot ducks or anything other than Canada Geese on the Dinsdale property. Nothing more frustrating then having a snow goose or specks come into your decoys and you can't shoot them there.

What the hell kind of gay regulation is that?

Ron.C
11-03-2013, 05:57 PM
look at hunting in Cow Bay itself. Regs show where you can, cannot shoot. I'm pretty new to waterfowling too but had a couple good shoots there this weekend.

longshot
11-03-2013, 06:36 PM
What the hell kind of gay regulation is that?

Yup.. to make it even better it has its own shortened seasons.. so when the honkers are using it in november, you can't shoot them!! :p