PDA

View Full Version : First family trip where????

mrjdf
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey guys looking for a little help. Im going on a family hunting trip, some experienced some new we have 5 days in the bush and this is the first time off ive had in along time. Usually I head up north into region seven but this year we have to stay somewhat close to home 2 to 3 hours from abbotsford at the most. I dont want to steal anyones spots or anything like that i just want to take my family members somewhere to have a good time if we get something great but if not being all together is nice for a change. I have never hunted any lower regions so i have no idea, were taking the big wall tents and quads. If anyone has any suggestions for us that would be great just need somewhere to set up and have a good week. Thanks to anyone that reads this.

Steeleco
10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Lots of spots either side of the Coq from Hope all the way up to Kamloops.Take a look at some maps, google earth and such. Pick and area that stikes your fancy and go hunt it. It's all about learning new area, so you have to start somewhere. Good luck.

tinhorse
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM
In oct. anywhere around kamloops will have bucks kicking around. I hunted there lots and in every direction. Lots of good hiking with nice grassy blocks and I was able to find lots of game and quite a few small and even some larger bucks. Like steelco said look at google earth and find a good spot. works well for fishing and hunting areas.

Jelvis
10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I would head up Scottie Creek check it out on google earth or a recreational map atlas. That's the first best area from the Lower mainland - check Mu 3-30 also especially for moose possibilities and good mule deer. 3-30 is just past Cache Creek area
Also closer to you so just past cache creek on the hwy 97 about 18km turn up Scottie - close and good fresh cuts and good habitat all through.
Jel -- mu 3-30 Cache creek back country north of it.