PDA

View Full Version : Kato's 1st Buck!

M.Dean
10-04-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=15562&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent I asked my Grandson what size of a buck he wanted for his first, he said the first one with horns!I've taken some great pics of some real nice 4x4's but he said he's not going to be as picky as me!!! We had him set up on a 2x2 Friday afternoon, but it didn't pan out. So, Sat. morning we took him to a logging cut, I parked behind a slash pile and him and I hiked about 30 feet to the other side. My back and one leg aren't working to good lately, so walking, bending or standing to long are out, puts a damper on my hunting season! My daughter and son in law were just below us watching a group of does feeding, they kept looking in a group of tree's so I told Kato, you watch, there's going to be a buck walk out! I have a pic in my gallery of the bucks that should have come out, but no, out came this guy at about 125 yards, try to spot horns on him at first light! My Grandson said he wanted to take him, so with the 243 on the bi pod he took a crack, way to far back! The buck took off, does running every where, I'm watching him chamber a second round so my eyes are off the small buck! When I look back up I can see about 5 or 6 does going up a skid trail across the cut, Kato say's I can see it, I'm going to shoot again! I can see only does so I said Wait, where is the buck? He moves the gun over to the right, takes aim, then I can see it, about 150 yrds away and moving with a bit of a limp! Second round puts him down!!! His mum and dad are beside us in seconds and the yelling and hugs begins!!! I had to ride the quad over to it well they walked, but, hey, being under the weather kept me from getting my hands dirty!!! My son took a buck this morning,pics in my gallery,my son in law missed a nice one with him today also! Was a real good weekend, I hope to be back in fine shape for the November deer season!!!

Blainer
10-04-2009, 06:46 PM
YA!That's what its all about.
A great day that will be remembered for years to come.
Good on ya.

Bow Walker
10-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Here ya go M.Dean...great buck for the 'first-timer'.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Hunting_Oct_3d_2009_Kato_s_1st_Muley_Buck_010_Medi um_.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=15562&limit=recent)

M.Dean
10-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks BW, I tried 4 times to get the pics there!

bsa30-06
10-04-2009, 07:25 PM
congrats on a fine first animal, im sure it'll be tastey.

BearStump
10-04-2009, 07:27 PM
congrats to Kato. that one wont soon be forgotten.

killman
10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Awesome, great buck!

NaStY
10-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Great story and an awesome buck.... Im sure hes feeling pretty proud.....

Memories and pics to last a lifetime....

Good on you for taking the time to take them out.......

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Kato, wow nice sized buck with lots of dinnerz worth of meat and some antlers to keep as a first rack -- Way to go kid -- your on your way --
jElvis

Bow Walker
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks BW, I tried 4 times to get the pics there!
All I did was to follow the link and then "right click", select "Paste" from the drop-down menu and then go to the "Reply" area and "Right" click again and select "Paste" from the drop-down menu. Voila! Bob's yer effin Uncle.:biggrin:

Great story too.

kennyj
10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Congratulations Kato on your first buck.Lots more to come if you stick with your grandpa.
kenny

5 spike
10-05-2009, 07:13 AM
nice buck he will be a good eater. congrats on your first deer.

BCJunior
10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
awesome job to the young sir
hope everyone had fun