PDA

View Full Version : 7-24 what are the condition like

One Shot Willy
10-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi guys,

Three days to the big trip up to 7-24. Just wondering if any one has been around in the past week. I am looking for weather conditions and road conditions. Also how is the hunting for moose, white tail and mule deer.

Any help would be great and I hope all of you good trips this fall.

Ty

lightmag
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM
where in 7-24, it's a big area

emerson
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi guys,

Three days to the big trip up to 7-24. Just wondering if any one has been around in the past week. I am looking for weather conditions and road conditions. Also how is the hunting for moose, white tail and mule deer.

Any help would be great and I hope all of you good trips this fall.

Ty

-1-5 overnight. Half rain/half sun. Snow on hills, down low any day.

morleystw
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
buddy just got back saturday,his camp took 7 moose,4 leh bulls,3 immys,not bad for a 7 day hunt.

killman
10-04-2009, 08:54 PM
buddy just got back saturday,his camp took 7 moose,4 leh bulls,3 immys,not bad for a 7 day hunt.

Wow! We were just there as well, We had some very clear nights with full moons, weather was cooling off. Never seen any snow. The 200 rd to Bear Lake was very busy with Logging truck traffic a radio would be advised if traveling that way.

hutch
10-05-2009, 06:22 AM
we just got back from 8 days in great beaver area -5 to +7 during the day saw lots didnt pull the trigger on anything

One Shot Willy
10-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks guys,

Not sure where we are going, in 7-24, as we have never been there before. Any good spots.

Thxs

One Shot Willy
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Salmon Valley FSR. I just checked with a buddy. Any good spots in that area.

Ty

lightmag
10-05-2009, 10:35 AM

Ty

BUSY!!! lots of logging trucks, camps, etc.. go as far back as you can, and find a couple tough spots to get into and get in early and call (you have a bull draw?) Bulls are calling hard right now, both elk and moose. gl

jml11
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM

Ty

The salmon FSR will probably be the busiest place in all of 7-24 as it is the closest to town and accessed easily off the highway. I personally would go farther north, heck if you are willing to drive all the way up here why not go another 45 minutes? It will be worth it.

Right now 7-16 is crawling with moose hunters looking for calves as it is open before any other area, all the lower roads (close to PG) are like highways right now as a result. Therefore buddy went up to Mcloed lake area instead and didn't see another truck...

BCrams
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Ty

You serious?? If you like company, by all means but you'll be getting the local hunters in there daily!!

7-24 is huge. For less hunter traffic ... consider going in past McLeod Lake or way over by Carp Lake / Weedon Lake country. There will be hunters camped up there but you'll avoid the before and after work guys from PG that hit roads like the Salmon.

GoatGuy
10-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Take a boat and hunt Carp lake. The fishing's great and there's plenty of moose around.

Can usually find a bull or two calling right from Mcleod lake as well.

PGK
10-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Don't listen to them (they just want you out of their elk spots), salmon fsr is a great place to hunt. Lots of moose, closer to the salmon r the better.

GoatGuy
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Don't listen to them (they just want you out of their elk spots), salmon fsr is a great place to hunt. Lots of moose, closer to the salmon r the better.

Yes, my 'secret elk spots' in 7A.:roll:

You still have those chicken feathers caught between your ears?

BCrams
10-05-2009, 02:39 PM

There's elk in the Salmon?? :lol: Heard there's a farmer who complains each year about truck loads of them trucked in from Jasper.

One Shot Willy
10-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Thx for the info.

One Shot Willy
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Also I am thinking on taking a whitetail and mules deer tag. Any thoughts and if there is a lot of deer in the area.